Sitec are currently looking to recruit Shift Mechanical Craftsperson for a Science and Technology Campus in Oxfordshire. The post is estimated to run until February 2022 and is paying competitively up to £13.85 per hour plus shift allowance on a Ltd basis for a 37 hour week.
Shift Pattern - Rotating 12 hour 6 day break shift pattern.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
The post reports to the Shift Engineer for day-to-day tasks and staff matters, ensuring a dialogue is kept open with the Mechanical Foreman. The Mechanical Shift craft Engineer is responsible for:
* Completing planned and breakdown maintenance, (in accordance with Mainsaver EMIT schedules) throughout the Complex and undertaking work authorised through Mainsaver Corrective Work Order System.
* Undertaking a responsibility to operate plant and equipment within the Complex for operational tasks.
The post holder is directly responsible for their own safety and others and ensuring that the plant and equipment under their charge is safely operated and correctly maintained before and during operation;
The duties of the Mechanical Shift Craft are detailed below.
* Carry out routine maintenance activities and report on the plant in the Complex in accordance with the Maintenance Schedule and Maintenance Instructions.
* To supervise the work on, and to work on mechanical plant to carry out new works, routine maintenance tasks and breakdowns.
* To work on electrical plant to assist the Electrical team carrying out new works, routine maintenance tasks and breakdowns.
* To work on steam, compressed air systems and other building services systems (where training is in place).
* To keep an overview of the 'health' of the plant and facilities by regular and correct assessment of recorded system parameters.
* To manufacture components where necessary, in accordance with approved procedures/designs
* To order materials and components, both specific and consumable items, necessary to support the maintenance activities in the Complex.
* To assist the Projects team when requested to do so.
* To complete written maintenance reports where necessary and complete QA records for all work carried out in an accurate and legible manner which satisfies all requirements.
* Interact with internal and external customers for the recovery, delivery, receipt and process of radioactive waste to ensure that production targets and PBIs are achieved.
* Ensure that any maintenance requirements and equipment faults are reported promptly to reduce production downtime.
* Adhere to standing orders for shift operations, safety management requirements, Safety Documentation and Local Working Instructions to ensure statutory and regulatory compliance.
* Ensure that a full and proper hand-over is completed on the completion of the shift and to remain in post until relieved or with the agreement of the shift manager leave the plant and equipment in a passively safe state.
* Use of mechanical lifting equipment, ie crane driving and slinging, to move remote handled intermediate level waste from one process area to another.
* Drive electric, petrol and diesel vehicles to maintain production.
* Operate and maintain Master Slave Manipulators to enable prompt and efficient handling of remote handled intermediate level waste.
* Operate Assay equipment and computer software to enable prompt and efficient handling of remote handled intermediate level waste.
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, fabrication techniques, diagnostic and other equipment.
* Be familiar with the Emergency Instructions (EIs) for the facility, respond to each emergency situation and practice the procedures in a variety of roles throughout the year.
* Advise line management of any improvements to work practices which could be made to improve effectiveness, reduce radiation dose uptake, make the job easier, etc.
* Take advice from Health Physics staff where appropriate.
* Conduct radiological checks throughout the task in hand if appropriate.
* Assist and/or escort staff where appropriate in carrying out maintenance activities or commissioning activities within the Complex.
* Collect data, compile written and electronic records and complete necessary paperwork associated with the task being carried out. To work to written and verbal instructions with minimum supervision
* Assist in the review of Maintenance Instructions and the production of new documents.
* Understand, work to and produce (where requested) Maintenance Instructions, Emergency Instructions, Local Working Instructions, Local Rules, Written Systems of Work and Permits to Work. Where relevant On the Job training records are to be completed. The location of relevant documentation must be known
* Report all incidents and unusual occurrences in accordance with procedures.
* Ensure that the workshop and mechanical stores are kept clean and tidy if they are used, and to keep plant areas safe and tidy at all times.
* To be responsible for COSHH, relative to the storage and use of chemicals in the workshop / plant areas generally.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.