Sitec has a requirement for a Shift Lead for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months and the max rate of pay will be £35.00 p/hr.
The successful candidate will act as 'Shift lead' to support projects in both mechanical and electrical disciplines, responsible for the day-to-day planning of the Assembly Integration and Test shift team.
The Shift Lead will be working on the Exo Mars project in Stevenage. Our client is looking for people who are pro-active and strong problem solvers.
Reporting to the AIT Programme Manager (Satellite AIT) - responsibilities will include:
* Drive and continuously monitor the Assembly Production Schedule supporting the 'GO' meetings and agreeing tasks between the relevant leads
* Ensure that all information (e.g. drawings), materials and labour are available for the planned tasks
* Agree schedule with PFM Lead and AIT Manager
* Communication of day-to-day AIT activities with Electrical and Mechanical Lead Engineers
* Ensure that the shift team are adhering to the department processes (ACS's, Logs, using validated equipment etc)
* Ensuring that all H & S issues are taken into account
* Monitor skills matrix as appropriate
* Liaise with major SUB CO's when they are onsite supporting AIT work
* Support NCR reviews
* Monitor progress on ACS's, Procedures, NCR investigations, rework etc.
* Interface with the facility manager, to have an awareness of all activities ongoing in the BCF
* Ensure that the Open Item Register is kept up-to-date and that the work is implemented as soon as possible
* Perform an active role in "lessons learned" to improve processes
* Work to company and departmental procedures and maintain adherence to EN 9001
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Production Engineering
* Good understanding and detailed experience of all types of mechanical and electrical systems. Including but not limited to:
* Production planning and MRP systems such as SAP
* Spacecraft AIT
* Mechanical / electrical processes including detailed assembly, wiring and fitting
* Mechanical handling of equipment / Satellites
* Interfacing with project, customers and suppliers in an assertive but diplomatic manner
* Good time management
* Practical and proactive with a quality driven approach with high attention to detail
* High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi discipline basis
* Good planning skills and process competence (SAP/BOM system experience an advantage)
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Awareness of 'cleanroom' disciplines
* Experience in working in a biologically controlled clean cleanroom and planetary protection an advantage, but not essential
* High mechanical / electrical skills and relevant experience
* Previous experience of leadership and spacecraft builds is a distinct advantage
* Proven interpersonal skills in managing a small team
* Understanding of electrical tests and health checks
* Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process
* Work overtime and shifts which cover weekends
* Degree level in a Mechanical / Electrical discipline. A lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
* Working environment / industry: Office and cleanroom environment (including Bio-controlled facility) / Space, Aerospace.
Candidates should have a background to enable a clearance to BPSS level
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.