Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Sharepoint Specialist for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. This post is for a 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Overall Job Purpose
The Information Exploitation and Development SharePoint Specialist is required to design, develop, implement, monitor and manage the SharePoint Information Architecture (IA), to ensure that SharePoint meets high operational standards and is able to respond and evolve to meet business requirements in both O365 and secure network SharePoint.
* Design, build and implement business solutions based on Microsoft SharePoint to meet business requirements now and in the future as demanded by the business.
* Use of SharePoint Central Admin as required by the business for site collection admin, Timer jobs, Search admin. Enterprise content types and columns, Term Store, Provisioning and Administration.
* Use of SharePoint Central Admin as required by the business for RecordPoint (RP) (Secure network) for but not restricted to rules, settings, disposal, holds, exportation, queues.
* Translate business requirements into system requirements, make informed and structured recommendations and demonstrate appropriateness of solutions to key stakeholders.
* Ensure that SharePoint information and site architecture, infrastructure, software implementation design, testing and deployment are achieved to specification and in a timely manner in accordance with agreed plans and processes.
* Create functional design documents.
* Adapt the SharePoint Content Model (Content Types, Metadata and Tags) according to changing business functions, tasks and activities.
* Assist in "End-User" SharePoint adoption through design, test and deployment of Powershell scripts, Workflows in a controlled manner.
* Provide support to Site Managers/Owners and ECM staff with site collection administration tasks as required.
* Enforce and contribute to SharePoint Governance Policies
* Support Intranet and Knowledge Management Development within SharePoint.
* Liaise, engage and prepare stakeholders for SharePoint Team Sites, libraries etc prior to and after migration to Ozone O365.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
* Provide guidance, development, testing and deployment to the business SharePoint information architecture components, including Collaboration and Programme/Project site collections, subsites and libraries/lists.
* Validate and approve site provisioning requests and manage the overall SharePoint site structure, as it evolves through controlled processes.
* Ensure that the SharePoint information architecture maintains alignment with the company electronic records management solution - RecordPoint (Secure network).
* Support 1st Line support standards and monitor navigation use, to ensure common standards and best practices are being adopted as required through defined task management process.
* Define standards and manage the SharePoint metadata architecture, adapting enterprise content types and columns to satisfy business needs for the classification and structured organisation of content.
* Define standards and monitor library or list use, to ensure common standards and best practices are being adopted.
* Manage the SharePoint Term Store, adapting and creating taxonomies to enable the more meaningful tagging of SharePoint content. Manage 'folksonomies' based on the user-driven tagging of enterprise keywords.
* Validate and approve SharePoint security access requests, ensuring that the information architecture satisfies the companies security requirements.
* Ensure that SharePoint's enterprise search is maintained and remains aligned with the SharePoint information architecture design.
* Maintain search 'promoted links' alongside Corporate Communications - adding and removing where applicable.
* Maintain search 'authoritative links' by working with the business to understand where its master data is held.
* Collaborate closely with the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Team and provide first line support to Site Managers, Information Asset Owners and other stakeholders.
* Continually monitor SharePoint use to ensure that the technology aligns with business needs. Implement corrective actions where appropriate, such as focused training/support.
* Monitor the use of workflow processes and ensure that any critical processes are functioning as required and meeting business needs.
* Continually keep up to date with new developments in SharePoint and information architecture design.
* Liaise with IT to resolve any software configuration or performance issues identified.
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
* Relevant degree or similar level.
* Relevant professional standards.
Willing and able to obtain and maintain a high level of security clearance necessary for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.