Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Sharepoint Administrator for a private nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an initial 6 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
* To work as part of an integrated team managing, monitoring and administering nominated software applications, within development and production environments.
* To provide end to end customer application support to meet agreed performance targets.
* To manage and administer the SharePoint Application support requirements within the companies SharePoint Platform.
* Assure day to day delivery of Sharepoint services through the application of best practice support and operational processes.
* Work with the rest of the Service Ops team and wider business including site members/managers, business leads to ensure the effective operation of the SharePoint Platform.
* Monitor SharePoint usage and ensure that the application is maintaining optimal performance.
* Escalate issues to the ECM team.
* Maintain the Search Topology, including the crawls.
* Maintain a spreadsheet showing the growth of SharePoint site collections in the Content Databases.
* Filter Application and System logs on the Central Admin server to see all errors and warnings.
* Examine the Event Log and filter.
* Ensure that any Critical, Error and Warning messages are actioned, or a plan of action to investigate and tackle them is in place.
* Application maintenance including carrying out periodic routine Windows patching.
* Ensure that users of the System are supported in their day to day activities for resolution to problems and issues (monitor, re-assign or investigate/resolve service desk issues).
* Provide 2nd/3rd line technical support for users.
* Manage and administer RecordPoint within the SharePoint environment and escalate any issues to the RecordPoint Zendesk for a resolution if required.
* Carry out RecordPoint upgrades/patching following the IS Change Procedure.
* Carry out SharePoint upgrades/patching following the IS Change Procedure.
* To maintain configuration control of the Production SharePoint application and Provisioning Tool, ensuring tested applications are available for deployment in a timely manner.
* Ensure that IS Change requests are completed and processed in timely manner to enable service improvement.
* To ensure that all users are supported in their day to day activities with resolutions to problems and issues.
* Maintain and promote high personal standards in Environment, Safety, Health, Security and Quality and be a great team player.
Knowledge skills and experience
* Able to comprehensively capture, challenge, justify, articulate and manage customer, business, capability and operational user requirements.
* Able to provide comprehensive documentation.
* Able to set and manage realistic expectations for timescales, costs, benefits and measures for success.
* Able to lead, undertake and interpret business and technical analyses.
* Able to objectively weigh risks against benefits and make appropriate decisions and manage their implementation.
* Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team.
* Good Communicator (Written and Oral) with sound facilitation skills that can be related to colleagues of all levels including 3rd parties.
* Administration of SharePoint 2013 upwards.
* Working in a technical team or technical support role, in a multi skilled environment.
* Telephone support, hands on field engineering and fault analysis.
* Applications support within the Microsoft Server environments.
* RecordPoint document management application
* SQL Server experience
* IT and information related principles, standards and requirements when operating within MOD and UK legislative environments
* Information Security standards and procedure and incident response
* Microsoft Operating systems
* General understanding of Microsoft Windows technologies and concepts
* General understanding of VMware virtualization technologies
* A professional engineering, business or management qualification
* IT related qualification - Degree/HND/HNC/ONC
* Professional membership to BCS or other
Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.