Sitec is seeking a Senior Supportability Engineer for our client; the successful candidate will be based in Barrow-in-Furness. This is a contract role with a good hourly rate commensurate with experience. The estimated duration is 8 months.
Our client is a Tier 1 Industrial Participant within the Dreadnought SSBN design programme and is performing the role of the Whole Boat Support Integrator (WBSI). In addition to setting and integrating the supportability performance at whole boat, the WBSI provides an embedded team that is responsible for influencing and reporting on the supportability considerations of the Platform and Secondary Propulsion Major Systems.
This is achieved through the execution and collation of system level assessments that inform technical notes and Case Reports as a formal record of the level of compliance of individual systems with the supportability requirements.
The Senior Supportability Engineer reports directly to the WBSI Supportability Manager - North and is responsible for a number of specified systems as the single focal point for all WBSI interaction.
The responsibility of the Senior Supportability Engineer is to manage a team of Supportability Engineers and influence the system level design such that it meets the performance required of the Major System and ultimately enable the Whole Boat to meet its CASD and TLC targets as specified in the Support Maturity Management Plan.
Accountable to the WBSI Supportability Manager - North for:
* Generation and on-going control, maintenance and adherence to a schedule of work to satisfy the demands of the BAES system level review process and the WBSI Support Maturity Management Plan for allocated systems;
* Assessing and influencing the design of named systems by creating a Candidate Item List which is processed by a toolset to generate products documented within System Support Baseline Document and ultimately Case Reports;
* Recording risks or issues that may prevent a system from meeting its supportability requirements, including but not limited to:
1. Shore Regime Safety Functional Requirements
2. Through Life Support
* Ensuring that applicable Learning from Experience has been adequately embodied or addressed within the design;
* Technical quality of the engineering deliverables demonstrating compliance with the required technical assurance and governance processes as specified in the WBSI Engineering Management Plan.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities:
Principal tasks and responsibilities are:
The management and coordination of Through Life Support (TLS) activities for nominated systems to meet their Design Review criteria and ultimately the programme;
The line management and direction of Supportability Engineers (direct reports) to perform appropriate analysis and collation of data to support the production of Candidate Item Lists, System Support Baseline Documents and Case Reports;
Adherence to the relevant analysis processes and the Support Baseline Document template and production process and provide assistance in its update and maintenance as directed by the WBSI Supportability Manager - North;
Direction of other subject matter experts in the field of supportability, cost engineering or supply chain as necessary (indirect) to deliver an appropriate quality of assessment and report on the system;
Delivery of technical notes to provide the supportability input into the BAES System Design Description documents in accordance with the design review schedule and the system level assessment product definition document;
Delivery of Case Reports to record the compliance of the design with the supportability requirements in accordance with the WBSI schedule for major milestone delivery;
Document, escalate and progress to closure issues, risks and opportunities using the appropriate management tool;
Ensuring coherence with and adherence to the engineering strategies, policies and plans for the nominated Major Areas and associated systems and ensuring a seamless integration with the Whole Boat Support Solution;
Articulation of maturity and quality of collected data and associated impact on the uncertainty contained in outputs.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
* Degree level education in Engineering / technical discipline or relevant operator maintainer experience
* APMP Foundation Level
* Nuclear: None
* Local: Experienced in planning, implementation and control of programmes to ensure that desired results can be successfully achieved within established time and resource budgets.
* Experience of 'In-Service' Support arena with knowledge of maritime operations, submarine systems operation, maintenance and support requirements desired;
* Experience of the application of Integrated Logistic Support within complex projects.
* A team leader with developed management, motivational and presentation skills; capable of effective communication with the MoD and other industrial participants.
* Relevant design support experience in a defence and/or services environment.
* Experience in forming and delivering quantitative technical arguments and cases for implementing opportunities or managing risk
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.