Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Supply Chain Manager for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is permanent and is paying competitively from £50,000 to £65,000 per annum depending on experience. Benefits include generous holiday entitlement and a workplace pension.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must hold a British Passport and UK residency for the past 10 years or more to qualify.
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be required to undertake an online assessment for verbal and numerical reasoning.
Collaborating with multiple senior internal stakeholders to promote the Supply Chain Strategy, policy and vision, ensuring alignment with the wider business objectives
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* Providing Supply Chain Management excellence and expertise of Information Technology delivery, in alignment with the current and known future business needs
* Responsible for the commercial and contractual delivery of IT contracts within the business
* Delivering robust Supply Chain Management processes, procedures, tools and guidelines in accordance with company process management standards
* Managing and developing the team in accordance with company policies, processes and guidelines
* Developing relationships and providing commercial leadership directly to the business area Directors, Senior Management Team and external stakeholders
* Developing the overarching Sourcing Strategy to maximise commercial advantage and enable Supply Chain to make intelligent decisions
* Overseeing and delivering typically high value, highly complex Procurement Strategies and Contract Recommendations of highly strategic suppliers in order to maintain a resilient supply chain
* Supplier management, including performance, relationship, quality, cost and KPIs (key performance indicators), developing continuous sustainable improvement plans and escalating where appropriate
* Ensuring that all deliverables are produced to the required deadlines in accordance with the appropriate procedures and guidelines
* Leading change and championing best practice to promote the Supply Chain function
* Influencing make / buy strategic sourcing decisions
* Ensuring contracts awarded are compliant with all appropriate contractual protection, including legislation and regulatory requirements
* Leading contract dispute resolution with of highly strategic supplier
* Regularly reviewing the Sanctioning and Control Pipeline and providing subject matter expertise, where required
* Utilising processes, systems and tools to undertake effective supplier management
* Ensuring an understanding of responsibilities and demonstrating appropriate behaviours in line with the company's environmental, sustainability, health, safety, security, quality and ethics standards
* Undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Proven in-depth working experience within a Senior Procurement Role in a similar organisation or industry
* Expert knowledge and experience of IT agreement(s) and relevant processes
* Ability to proactively address day-to-day and strategic commercial issues as they arise and provide advice to the IT functional leaders on emerging risks and contractual requirements
* Proven knowledge of complex contractual arrangements in an IT environment and leading complex commercial negotiations
* Proven knowledge and application of supplier management strategies to maximise benefits and minimise risk
* Proven record of developing, influencing and delivering the Supply Chain Strategy
* Proven knowledge of Intellectual Property Rights, Trade Controls and Earned Value Management
* Excellent influencing and interpersonal / relationship management skill set, with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders at all business levels
* Experience in team forming, management and direct report development
* Capable of leading and delivering through others, and working highly collaboratively in cross-functional teams
* Business change experience, including shaping, leading and managing change with diverse stakeholder groups
* Managing problem solving/negotiation of significant settlements to resolve, minimise or mitigate commercial risks
* Degree and / or MCIPS qualified, or equivalent experience
* Willing and able to travel in the UK which may entail short periods away from home
* Willing and able to travel overseas which may entail short periods away from home
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the level of security clearance required for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.