Sitec currently have a requirement for a Senior Software Engineer to join our client based in Newport, Gwent. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £500p/day Ltd.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Integration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support supporting the company software process and procedure updates
- Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision
- Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
- Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (e.g. for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Implementation of Windows application software in C#
- Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Object oriented analysis, design and development documented using UML
- Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
- Must have successful track record of working in a lead role
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.