Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join our client based in Newport, Gwent. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £450 - £550 p/day Ltd. The client is a world leading Aerospace and Defence Company.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements, by;
* Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown.
* Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation.
* Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design.
* Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists).
* Integration of software onto the target platform providing software technical support supporting the company software process and procedure updates.
* Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies
* Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision
* Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
* Must have experience of stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills (e.g. requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
* C# and .NET framework development using the Visual Studio IDE.
* Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
* Working knowledge of legacy and current .NET frameworks and associated components.
* Object oriented analysis, design and development using the UML
* Must have an understanding of requirement decomposition, work package definition and estimation techniques.
* Must have successful track record of working in a lead role.
* Must be highly self-motivated, autonomous, and articulate using coherent verbal and written communications skills.
* Experience of SDLC.
* Experience of Requirements Management.
* Experience of software implementation using data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
* Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
* Experience of SCM.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.