Sitec currently have an opportunity to join our client as a Senior Software Engineer, the client is a world leader in Aerospace Defence and Space. The role is based in Newport, Gwent and has a pay rate of £350 - £450 p/day Ltd.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Product Engineering for executing allocated MoTaKo Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by
* analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
* generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
* cointegration of software onto the target platform
* providing software technical support
* supporting the company software process and procedure updates
* All software is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Airbus Defence and Space standards.
* Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated software development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
* increasing product security through the implementation of security features with the aim of achieving CPA
* Implementing MANET and traffic control based features to support customer demonstrations and key strategic campaigns
* Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
* The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
* Customer liaison, by representing Airbus Defence and Space on project related technical matters at Stakeholder meetings.
* Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where necessary.
* Degree Level (or equivalent) in an engineering / IT discipline
* Embedded Software Engineer
* Linux software development
* Strong knowledge of networking standards:
* Understanding of IP networking, IPSec, and next-gen management protocols are advantageous.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.