Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Software Engineer for our client based in Newport. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months; the pay rate for this role is £350per day LTD Company.
Purpose of Role
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Product Engineering for executing allocated MoTaKo Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by
§ Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
§ Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
§ Cointegration of software onto the target platform
§ Providing software technical support
§ Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
§ All software is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with the clients standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with the clients standards.
§ Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated software development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
§ Increasing product security through the implementation of security features with the aim of achieving CPA
§ Implementing MANET and traffic control based features to support customer demonstrations and key strategic campaigns
§ Porting the code base on to COTS platforms, including governance, to support customer systems and sales.
* At least 5 years' experience
* Embedded Software Engineer
* Linux software development
* Strong knowledge of networking standards:
* Understanding of IP networking, IPSec, and next-gen management protocols are advantageous.
* Must have experience of software design & implementation for secure data or voice network communications equipment
* Must be familiar with process driven software development
* Must have experience of the full project lifecycle.
* Must be an experienced engineer, fully versed in software methodologies for their field able to work on their own, but providing regular reporting.
* Implementation of LINUX software in C and including Kernel drivers and Embedded ARM
* Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
* Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
* Experience of Requirements Management
* Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
* Experience of using one or more of the following tools/development environments: Eclipse, GCC, GIT, SVM
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE SC CLEARANCE
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.