Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Simulation Specialist for our client - Perkins Engines.
This is a contract role for an initial 12 months and will be based in Peterborough. The max rate of pay will be up to £42 p/hr LTD Company.
The Senior Simulation Specialist will be responsible for developing system level power train and/or vehicle models to deliver engineering recommendations and support on control systems integration.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Caterpillar Inc is the world's leading manufacturer of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines. The Caterpillar brand is recognised worldwide and is synonymous with quality and reliability.
Perkins Engines has been part of Caterpillar since 1997, creating the world's largest diesel engine manufacturer - and putting the seal on our role as a global company at the forefront of engineering technology.
Our client currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Systems Simulation Specialist within the European Division of Caterpillar's Energy and Transportation Systems Research Group based at our Peterborough Facility. This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as will our US based sister team.
The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery for Caterpillar within Europe, this includes global research responsibility for electrification and hybridisation systems integration and control.
* Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
* Provide engineering guidance based on performing machine and powertrain level simulations
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs
* Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams
Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
Analysis, candidates must:
* be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
* demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
* have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink etc.)
Technical Knowledge, candidates must:
* demonstrate knowledge of conventional, hybrid or electric powertrain or vehicle system fundamentals in order to develop improved models and analyses novel concepts;
* have an understanding of underlying theoretical principles of systems simulation and/or fluid networks;
* understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real world drive cycles;
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.