Sitec are currently recruiting for a Senior Sharepoint Developer to work on a 6 month contract in Plymouth.
The Senior Sharepoint Developer's primary responsibilities include:
* Work with the senior members of the team to Design, Build and Support SharePoint 2010 & 2013 based solutions supporting Business initiatives in line with Business Solutions development standards and procedures.
* Be a subject matter expert in SharePoint providing guidance across the stakeholder community.
* Engage with both agreed suppliers and business users using agreed processes.
* Work with other SharePoint teams, both divisional and group, across the Organisation.
* Provide support and input into the Sharepoint Board.
* Attend meetings when required with relevant 3rd parties
Senior Sharepoint Developer Main Tasks:
* Design, Build and Support of SharePoint based Applications supporting Business Initiatives in line with Business Solutions development standards and procedures.
* Design, Build and Support of SharePoint Collaboration/Document Management based solutions supporting Business Initiatives in line with Business Solutions development standards and procedures.
* Complete all 2nd and 3rd line support issues/problems for Sharepoint solutions to agreed SLAs.
* Ensure any configurations and development work is completed and tested within agreed timescales and delivered to the agreed Group standards.
* Help business users to exploit new functionality within the system in a controlled and measured way using agreed Business Solution processes.
* Ensure project scopes and solutions do not dilute or deviate from the agreed strategy.
* Ensure consistent application and systems documentation is updated when projects and smaller changes are implemented .
* Actively promote measures to be implemented to improve team processes and solutions.
* Identify and suggest existing or new emerging standards and best practice for the applications team.
* Manage your time to deliver to agreed timescales your activity for agreed projects.
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
* 3 years plus experience of exploiting SharePoint 2010 or 2013 functionality.
* Working in a challenging and complex organisation and demonstrable experience of delivering business and technical change.
* Ensure you deliver a commercially aware service that is customer focussed.
* Good experience of understanding and capturing business requirements and delivery of technical solutions to an agreed standard.
* Experience delivering solutions to agreed software development methodologies/standards.
* Proven experience working in a small team delivering technical solutions to business requirements.
* Experience of working with internal and external suppliers and other technical teams.
* Resolution of SharePoint issues and problems.
* Bachelor's Degree in an Information Systems Field or preferably 3 years plus experience designing and/or delivering solutions.
* A full driving licence.
* A real desire to deliver quality service to customers at all times, be self-motivating, flexible, hard-working and thorough
* Strong communication skills
* Work collaboratively across IT and non IT departments
* Ability to effectively communicate and influence others
* Ability to deal with and manage conflict whilst building successful business relationships across a range of stakeholder groups
* An understanding of Agile Methodologies and practices
* Experience of working in technical teams with large enterprise class systems
* Must be able to follow agreed processes and make suggestions for improvements
* Commercially Aware
* Good creative thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
* Good presentation skills
* Willingness to undertake reasonable travel for work
* Proven ability to build trust with stakeholders
* Flexible and creative problem solving skills
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.