Sitec are currently recruiting for a Senior Safety Engineer for our client based in Bristol, this is a temporary position for an estimated 6 months initially.
The Safety Services Group (SSG) provide Safety and Environment Management support to the In Service Submarines (ISM) Project Team, supporting the management of In Service Submarine Safety Cases, Safety & Environmental Management Systems and providing safety and risk management expertise to the MoD.
The SSG Senior Safety Engineer is essential to the technical delivery of the clients Marine outputs under the Maritime Support Delivery Framework (MSDF) contract. Responsible to the SSG Head of Department (HoD) through the Deputy HoD (DHoD) for project delivery via routine & project tasking, budgeting and resource planning.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
* Support the SSG HoD in the management of SSG programme output delivery, including task/project identification, definition, delivery, budget management and cost control, resource management and stakeholder liaison.
* Project manage/ conduct Safety Services Group projects as directed by the SSG HoD and DHoD.
* Provide safety management advice and support to the MoD and the clients Marine function.
* Provide advice and expertise on the assessment and management of safety risk to the MoD, and Stakeholders as directed by the SSG HoD and DHoD.
* Assess and provide advice to the MoD on submarine material state issues by way of the production of submarine Safety Summary Reports.
* Continually seek to improve the efficiency and quality of service of the Safety Services Group.
* Provide technical review of contracted outputs to ensure the correct level of quality is achieved.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Professionally qualified to Incorporated Engineer level or equivalent with an appropriate institution.
* Academically qualified to Degree level or with significant relevant experience in an appropriate discipline.
* A formal project management qualification is desirable.
* Nuclear experience: Experience of Naval Reactor Plant systems and operation is desirable.
* Experience of submarine systems with an appropriate background in submarine design, support or operations, at least 5 years.
* Experienced in the application of Safety and Risk management techniques.
* Experienced in the application of the requirements of DSA Series / JSP 430 / Def Stan 00-56 or similar methodologies, at least 2 years.
* Experience of project management in a design / safety management or other engineering environment, at least 3 years.
* Experience of environmental management is desirable, but not essential.
Successful applicants will need a background to enable a SC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.