Sitec are currently recruiting for a Senior Safety & Environmental Engineer - Dreadnought Class for our client based in Bristol. This is a temporary position for an estimated 9 months initially.
The Senior Safety & Environmental Engineer will act as engineering lead for planning and managing complex multi discipline projects or a collection of multi discipline projects; identify and develop the strategic capabilities (people, processes, methods and tools) to meet project and task objectives.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Ensure effective management of multi discipline teams to ensure timely & efficient delivery of engineering work to meet customer agreed scope.
* Ensure effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
* Ensure technical management of the engineering output to ensure delivery of technical solutions in line with agreed technical scope.
* Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours.
* Manage resource demands and development of capability skills to match needs of future workload and coach and mentor members of the team
* Ensure project and technical audits and review are planned & executed in order to impart learning and experience as appropriate and in line with agreed standards.
* Maintain knowledge of Industry best practice, promote a culture of engineering best practice and provide leadership and assist in driving cultural development and change.
* Support business development opportunities in raising our clients profile via presentations, academic links, conferences & technical papers, and identify opportunities and new work streams.
The Dreadnought design and build programme is amongst the most complex ever undertaken by British industry. The new design of submarine is being developed jointly by Tier 1 industrial participants including our client. There is significant US input to the design of the Common Missile Compartment (CMC) - and the new submarine will exploit much of the most modern mechanical, electrical and nuclear technologies, employing a significant portion of the UK's engineers, project managers and technicians.
Our client is responsible for the in-service support aspects of the Programme, which are to manage the key aspects of the support structures to enable Dreadnought to dock with the in-service systems. This will ensure that the transition risk at post exit-Barrow is adequately managed. Our clients role throughout the Programme is to champion the in-service perspective, providing first-hand experience from supporting current submarines, and advising on the through life implications and supportability aspects of design and procurement options. This will further ensure that the factors critical to in-service are managed to ensure success.
Our client is responsible for assessing the Dreadnought design for its Supportability characteristics that are made up of three core principles; safe, available and affordable. These principles are assessed by Supportability Engineering that is underpinned by Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) methodologies to not only analyse the supportability of the design, but also in the development of the Support Solution. ILS is the management and technical process through which supportability and logistics support are integrated into the design of a system or equipment and taken into account through its life cycle e.g. maintenance planning (level of repair analysis, maintenance task analysis), supporting the supply chain, configuration, documentation, training, packaging, testing and evaluation. It is the WBSI's responsibility to develop a support solution that will demonstrably satisfy the requirements for safety, availability, and affordability.
ALL OTHER INFORMATION:
The role is accountable for management, control and delivery of EITHER a single large and complex engineering project OR a collection of less complex projects.
At this level, projects feature the requirement to control and integrate are multi discipline tasks and work packages.
The role may be required to be a Technical / Design Authority, providing assurance for a complex project or range of assets. The successful candidate should ideally be a Chartered Engineer and Member of relevant institution, have an engineering degree or qualification in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience and demonstrable management experience.
Successful applicants will need a background to enable a SC Security Clearance
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.