Sitec has an exciting requirement for a
Senior Reliability and Supportability Engineer
for our client based in Bristol. Our client is involved in various defence programmes including Land Vehicles e.g. the CR2 Life extension programme (The British Army is seeking to extend the service life of the Challenger 2 main battle tank through to 2035) and MIV programme (the Mechanised Infantry Vehicle (MIV) is the British Army's concept of an 8x8 wheeled vehicle)
This is a permanent role, with a salary band between £45,000.00 - £55,000.00 p/a (dependent on experience)
* Competitive Salary as above
* 25 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
* Cycle to work scheme
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Our client has a key role within the their UK team, reporting directly to the Head of Supportability
The tasks required will be based around engineering support, specifically reliability, with the ability to deliver and undertake the following:
* Leading and undertaking Reliability and Safety engineering activities
* Application of the defined System Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) processes working closely with the Design and Safety functions;
* Analysis of Supportability requirements including, Availability, Reliability and Maintainability (ARM), and RCM across the major system area including modelling and maintainability evaluations;
CORE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the System Supportability requirements and drivers.
* Working with clients to develop and perform Reliability Growth Trending and Analysis.
* Working with clients performing Weibull analysis on components and systems on development and in-service vehicle programmes.
* Performing Reliability Centered Maintenance Analysis on client programs in accordance with various Standard's and Client Requirements.
* Development and update of Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) for client projects and programs in accordance with various Standard's and Client Requirements.
* Investigate and document all data connected with RCM and FMEA activities.
* Undertake AR&M, RCM and FMEA activities.
* Conduct Fault Tree Analysis (FTA).
* Control the AR&M, RCM and FMEA data input process to the LSA data or other repository as required.
* Support or conduct Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA), Level Of Repair Analysis (LORA) and Ease of Maintenance Assessment (EMA) activities.
* Assist in the development of proposals for innovative approaches to RCM and FMEA with the aim of reducing/optimising the Upkeep / Operational cycle for client programs.
* Support, develop and manage client Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS) in accordance with Client requirements and various Standards.
* Ensure data governance, configuration control, validity & integrity.
BEHAVIORAL & ROLE COMPETENCES
* A self-motivated and pragmatic individual, with an ability to work effectively as part of a team to deliver successfully to schedule and budget.
* Ability to effectively adhere to flexible work schedules and locations to support the business and work requirements.
* Ability to develop close working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders & interfaces to progress business and program demands.
* Ability to identify value for money options through challenging the norm and implementing innovative solutions.
* The ideal candidate will ideally have experience in reliability analysis including the application of Mil Handbook 217, Def Stan 00-600, 00-040, 00-042 and the Defence Logistic Framework (DLF).
* Degree, or higher education qualification in engineering, physics or mathematics.
* Experience in the conduct and/or development of Reliability program/regimes in one of the following industries: Aero/Land/Maritime/Energy/Nuclear/Utilities, Transportation or Defence.
Familiarity with analysis using modern software tools and techniques such as:
- Matlab, particularly involved with Health Monitoring modeling and analysis.
- Monte Carlo Simulations on reliability applications.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.