Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval / Marine, Network (Rail) Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor to be based in their offices in Parkway North Bristol on a contract basis for an estimated 3 to 6 Months initially, must have Demonstrable Rail and Track experience.
Work as part of the commercial team to ensure provision of a professional Quantity Surveying service.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES OR MAIN TASKS: -
1. Use commercial skills to measure the financial performance of projects against contract targets.
2. Be involved in the appointment and management of large sub contract accounts.
3. Formulation of cost and cash flow forecasts; compilation and agreement of valuations; identification of change, advising on same and preparation of associated quotations and submission and agreement of compensation events.
4. Provide relevant information for preparation of internal and external (CVR) reports to agreed timescales.
5. Preparation and submit where applicable applications for payment, promptly to ensure payment received on time to keep debtor days to a minimum.
6. Keep all relevant records updated on IFS (e.g. payment certificates, retention, contract docs etc.).
7. Produce and input all information relevant to the CVR in conjunction with the SQS.
PERFORMANCE CRITERIA: -
* As part of the team, ensure commercial performance targets are achieved.
* Ability to take control of designated tasks and complete them.
* Ensure project revenues are achieved and all entitlement under the main contract.
PERSONAL SPECIFICATIONS: -
1. Qualifications & Experience:
* Qualified Quantity Surveyor or similarly qualified construction professional. (HNC/HND or equivalent).
* Demonstrable railway or track experience
* Familiar with ICE NR8 Track amended contract.
* Familiar with Plain Line work and NR framework agreement
* Demonstrable experience in Change control and pricing variation
* IT literate.
* Experience of price up charge/ variation.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.