Sitec are looking to recruit a Senior Project Planner / Senior Project Controls Engineer for our client who are an leading UK construction and regeneration group with revenue of c£2.6 billion and which operates through six divisions of Construction & Infrastructure, Fit Out, Property Services, Partnership Housing, Urban Regeneration and Investments. The role is permanent and based in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire and is paying competitively up to £50,000 - £55,000 per annum.
One of the functions of the Project Control is to develop and manage resource loaded project schedules, provide analysis, management and reporting to challenge and improve project execution.
The individual must be able to prepare programmes / schedules in the Design / Engineering environment with limited support from clients engineers.
To manage and coordinate a planning process, analyse and challenge schedule / programme updates, progress and variance tracking and dashboard reporting either in its entirety or in cooperation with a project specific planner.
* Work as part of a project control team to build a best practice project control capability.
* Improve project performance.
* Monitor and Control Project schedule risks.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The project planner will be working closely with the project leads to develop and manage schedules in Primavera P6. Ensure that the reporting relating to the project performance always reflects the most up to date status. To provide work plans for completion with each discipline. To utilise provided data for reporting of progress against current baselines, report on variance and challenge visible trends with relevant teams.
The key tasks associated with achieving this will include but are not limited to the following: -
* Develop and manage resource loaded schedules and guide the project team to create a robust project baseline.
* Facilitate weekly project update meetings to challenge performance and further progress, update forecast to complete hours and implement changes derived from assessments made.
* Highlight potential risk, critical path analysis, and provide suitable mitigation measures to the appropriate lead.
* Support the change control process and implement baseline change requests with in primavera P6.
* Continually improve and streamline the planning process. Maintain a consistent process and evaluate the benefit of reporting.
Qualifications and Training
* Primavera P6
* APMP / PMI
* HND or equivalent in engineering
Required Skills and Experience
* Microsoft Excel including advanced formulas and pivot tables
* Technical proficient with Primavera P6
* Experience of Microsoft Project
* Experience with Management Reporting
* Experience of stakeholder Management
* Experience with a variety of Construction Contracts
* Presentation skills and the ability to run workshops
* Good general software ability
* Earned Value Management
* Risk Management
* Change Management
* NEC Contract
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Agency.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.