Sitec has a requirement for Senior Project Manager to be based in Newbury - Rivergate. This is a Contract role with an estimated duration of 12 months and a rate of £60 to £70 per hour Ltd Co. dependant on experience. This could be a Temp to Perm role if desired.
Purpose of role:
* Individual with strong delivery experience including EPC and management of supply chain with a track record of delivering complex projects. In addition they will have proven commercial experience in NEC3 option A and/or C.
* Nuclear background preferable or other similarly highly regulated industry
Key Technical Skills:
Proficient in the following APM competencies -
* Conflict Management
* Contract Management
* Consolidated Planning
* Requirements Management
* Schedule Management
* Budgeting and Cost Control
* Risk, opportunity and issue management
* Governance arrangements (incl. quality)
* Stakeholder and Communications management
* Reviews - the legal, regulatory and organisational requirements for review
* Change Control
Key Leadership / Interpersonal / Behavioural Skills
* Understand and be able to communicate a clear and inspirational vision of what the business is striving to achieve.
* Extensive recent and relevant experience in a similar environment / business sector
* Experience of various contracting methodologies (eg FIDIC/NEC3/JCT etc…)
* Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
* Proficient in managing and leading project teams
* Degree level qualification preferred, minimum level HND. or HNC in an appropriate discipline or appropriate level of experience
* A postgraduate qualification and/or Chartership is preferred, as is membership of a professional body;
* A minimum of 10 years Project Management experience of which 3 years were in leadership functions for high complexity projects
* Ideally APM (PMQ) qualified (or equivalent Project management Institute qualification) preferably to Chartered Project Professional (ChPP).
Sector Specific Requirements :
* IOSH Managing Safely or higher safety qualifications preferred
* Environmental Training preferred
* Annual Revenue Value: £1-25M
* Team size (all functions): 10-100
Top 5 Major Tasks and Activities:
* Lead on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality within the project.
* Delivery of project to the baseline schedule/cost and performance in line with project and business success criteria
* Establishing and maintaining governance arrangements for the delivery of the project , defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
* Accountable for planning and monitoring the programme (profit & loss); agree plans with the Sponsor and submit/present regular Monthly Review Reports indicating any deviations and corrective action taken
* Managing the Customer Interface and associated management of the project including identification and monitoring of project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing response to these and responding to other issues that affect the project.
Additional Key Accountabilities:
* Support to Business Winning
* Responsible for forming and managing effective relationships with project stakeholders;
* Commitment to and the on-going monitoring of programme baseline (cost / schedule / risk)
* Responsible for coordinating activities and dependencies within the project
* Planning and controlling finances as a means of driving performance
* Responsible for managing third party suppliers to achieve the desired programme outcomes
HSSE Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Providing clear leadership acting as a role model to set the standards and hold their team accountable to prevent injury and ill health
* Promoting the inclusion of appropriate Environmental protection measures
Quality Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Demonstrate their leadership involvement in Quality
* Ensure that business strategy is linked to individual objectives for all in their BU
* Develop and communicate Quality KPIs and dashboards
Continuous Improvement Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Responsible for working with the business unit functional departments to identify and deliver improvements in quality, schedule and cost within the project.
* Leads, supervises and develops other junior Project Managers
Financial Awareness and Management:
Key Outputs / Deliverables: Business Unit
* Project Execution Plan
* Project Gate Reviews
* Project Baseline packs
* Weekly Project updates
* Monthly project reports accurately reflecting the project status in terms of HSSE, Quality, Schedule and Cost;
* Customer Satisfaction reports
* Formal minutes/actions from key meetings
* Project Close out reports
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.