Sitec is pleased to be offering the role of Senior Project Engineer for our client based in Devonport Royal Dockyard, Plymouth. This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months initially.
This role is within the Marine Sector to support the development of the clients infrastructure in providing their marine and engineering services to defence and civil customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of the Senior Project Engineer is to assist the project / package manager in the delivery of project scope. This will include the likes of the following;
* Support to planning and scheduling of project activities.
* Management and delivery of distinct controllable tasks / activities.
* Development of control of work information.
* Production of Risk Assessments / Method Statements and ensuring that all tasks are undertaken in a safe and appropriate manner.
* Management / liaison with sub-contracts in support of delivery of contracted works.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competences
The candidate must have;
* Demonstrable experience and knowledge of engineering works, e.g. civil works, mechanical or electrical systems / services.
* A minimum of 2 year's experience working in a project environment.
* Have effective writing and presentation skills.
Preferentially, but not mandatory, the candidate will have a HNC/HND or equivalent in an engineering related discipline.
Successful candidates will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining security clearance (SC) or developed vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.