Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Programme Scheduler for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading company within the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 Months and will be based in Newport. The pay rate for this role is £35-40 per hour LTD Company.
Job Summary of Senior Programme Scheduler:
Provide specialist and administrative support to (complex) projects and programmes as part of an integrated team working directly for the Project Manager (PM) to whom they are assigned. Line Management reporting will be to the Head of Programme Management Office.
Primary purpose of this role is a project support role within Secure Communications (SC) UK with the main focus on supporting the major programmes and growth projects delivering new strategic work and services.
Responsibilities of Senior Programme Scheduler:
* Creation, maintenance and timely delivery of the top level and lower level schedules, and Integrated Project Team (IPT) schedules where required covering the necessary requirements.
* Provision of project administration support to the Project Manager and the project team.
* The definition, agreement and ongoing integrity of a project library of data with the aid of the PM processes & tools, such as:
o Schedule, milestone & cost data
o Analysing project costs versus project forward load in conjunction with Finance
o Resource tracking / management on behalf of the Project Manager
o Payment Milestone tracking
o Risk analysis tracking
o Change Control (incl. waivers and deviations)
o Lines of Balance
* Ensuring that all project related data is correct and maintained within required Business Tools
* Provision of all resources necessary to ensure timely completion of all project office related activity
* Supporting management consolidation, judgement, recommendations and the timely provision of all necessary management data inclusive of progress, risk analysis and reporting information to the Project Managers and flow up to Secure Comms KPIs
Essential Skills of Senior Programme Schedular:
* Experienced in working within a PMO including scheduling, logic checking, Earned Value, Risk Management
* Knowledge of planning best practice i.e.
o Logic linking/dependencies
o Critical Path Analysis
o Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
o Planning to stage boundaries - contingency planning
* Good knowledge of business processes, and their significance in the working environment.
* Good knowledge/understanding of Project Management methodologies.
* Excellent knowledge of all MS Office applications i.e Word, Excel, Powerpoint and proficient use of MS Project and risk analysis tools
* Ability to work well in a team and individually
* Research and Analytical skills.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Good written communication skills
* Determined and focussed approach to complete a task. (Completer/Finisher)
* Experience in supporting resource management, planning and forecasting
* Knowledge of Configuration Management
* Project Management practitioner
* Use of the Primavera scheduling tool
* Knowledge of software tools for scheduling, risk management including schedule risk analysis (Monte Carlo)
* Knowledge / experience in the field of Satellite & Ground Communications
* Business Process Engineering
Essential Training Requirements:
* Configuration control processes
* Introduction to SATCOM Course
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.