Sitec are currently recruiting for a Senior Principle Design Engineer with an Electrical background, for our client based in North Bristol for an estimated 6 month contract initially.
The Senior Principle Design Engineer will require experience in electrical High Voltage and Low Voltage systems, full tasks and responsibilities are:
- Managing design work in appropriate engineering disciplines.
- Executing duties in accordance with Company procedures for training, health and safety, personnel, quality and project requirements.
- Reviewing existing Company procedures and Project controls and identify new controls to provide improved quality assurance, and improved cost against deliverables.
- Acting as Design Authority for engineering aspects of the client's products.
- Authorising design documentation as required.
- Chairmanship of Design Reviews (of appropriate Categorisation) to identify best technical solution to fulfil Project objectives.
- Representing Group and/or Department as required.
- Managing design projects in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Managing work to time, cost and quality.
- Providing professional engineering support to surface ship, submarine, commercial and equipment projects.
- Providing business development support across the client's Design & Technology division.
- Performance and management of system requirements, concept design and modelling.
- Ability to manage a team to interpret a design requirement and create a design solution.
- Acting as Independent Technical Assessor and performing Inter Department Checks, Concession Analysis, and the like.
- Preparation of Project and Department Plans and Tracking and Forecasting, Assistance in Preparation of Bids in related subjects,
- Recruitment and Management of staff at all appropriate levels.
- To behave at all times in a manner commensurate with that of a professional engineer.
- Manage staff as required in accordance with company and HR policies and procedures. Bidding
- Managing design teams involved in the preparation of technical aspects commercial tenders.
- Managing preparation of Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring design input. Project
- Acting as Design Manager responsible to Project Manager for Projects.
- Management of technical aspects of selecting sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
- Management of technical aspects of work carried out by sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
- Liaising with Project to resolve Project issues.
- Liaising with Production to resolve manufacturing problems.
- To actively seek and win work for the appropriate Discipline.
- Business Stream Directors and their Business Development Managers providing SQEP resource where possible.
- Appropriate Project Managers: for budgets, timescale and priorities.
- Design subcontractors: to ensure compliance with the Design Intent.
- Project and Production Teams: to resolve technical queries.
- Directly responsible to other PDEs or the Senior Operations Manager
Post Holder is authorised to:
- Manage the preparation, checking and authorising of design documentation.
- Represent the Client's Design Authority when requested to do so.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
Academic: It is essential that the post-holder has a minimum of a second class honours degree or comparable academic standard, in an appropriate discipline and should hold Chartered Engineer status via an appropriate Institution.
Experience: Demonstrable evidence of having worked in the field of the appropriate Discipline design, analysis and technical management at an appropriate level.
Successful applicants for the Senior Principle Design Engineer - Electrical must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.