Sitec - a Belcan company are currently looking for a number of Senior Pressure Vessel Design Engineers for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The posts are estimated 12 month contracts and are paying competitively on an hourly basis for a 40 hour week.
You must hold current SC or DV Clearance to apply as the end customers projects are of an extremely high level of classification. Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for these roles.
- Lead the project technology partnership team and manage subcontracted design development and research work in support of the V6X Vessel and associated work packages.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and documentation associated with the V6X Vessel design process.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the supply chain engagement and work packages placed to support the V6X Vessel design development.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality.
- Lead the delivery of technology development work within the project.
- Determine, in conjunction with the SEM, the preferred strategy for identifying, researching and applying the required technologies to support the project.
- Be the intelligent customer within the project for technology development from both internal and external suppliers.
- Compile technical specifications for tenders and manage associated tender return reviews.
- Manage oversight of supplier work through regular reviews, in conjunction with the SEM.
- Review and check all deliverables provided by suppliers.
- Provide input on costs and scheduling for substantiation to the SPM, to support planning.
- Ensure the checking and recording of competency for suppliers is completed.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
- HNC/D or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.