Sitec are looking for a Senior Planning Engineer for our client based in Stevenage. This is a contract position for an initial 6 month period.
Within the group discipline "Planning & Scheduling" department, the post holder is responsible and accountable for the project scheduling preparation and reporting for one or several (typically up to 3) programs of Earth Observation and Science Space projects, including supporting the Project Management's representation to senior internal management and external customers as needed.
The post holder shall follow departmental processes and contribute to their improvement through lessons learned and specific improvement activities. Short term travel within Europe or beyond may occasionally be required.
Integrated within one or several project teams, in support to the Project Manager and Industrial Manager and by detailed co-operation with the project Work Area Managers, the post holder ensures:
* Project duration data consolidation
* Project planning creation and update
* Project schedule report edition towards customers and internal contributors
* On demand Planning simulations
* Critical path analyses and full consideration of schedule impact in the planning decision making at all levels
* Trend Analysis
* Support to the Estimate At Completion process via close co-ordination with the Project Controller and Project Management for delivery of consistent schedule input at appropriate level of breakdown and milestone filtering per Work Area, and support to cross-checking data consistency between scheduling and control
* Appropriate engagement with project and senior internal management, other contributing schedule actors, and external customers and subcontractors as needed
* Define the schedule tree
* Collect schedule information
* Create, sequence with logical relationships and organize activities and milestones in the project management software for scheduling
* Allocate resources and estimated durations to scheduled tasks
* Develop the original baseline schedule
* Revise and update Original Baseline Schedule with agreed changes to establish Current Baseline Schedule
* Maintain current master and detailed network and schedule, updating with progress data regularly
* Consolidate schedule information from contractors into schedule and network
* Conduct Critical Path Analysis, schedule compression, what-if scenario analysis, resource levelling, leads and lags adjusting
* Update current schedule progress
* Provide master schedule and trend charts for the internal monthly progress report
* Prepare and issue schedule reports as part of the Progress Report
* Perform the schedule variance analysis, Distribute and archive planning.
Overview of experience:
* Comprehensive knowledge of satellite or other highly skilled engineering processes.
* Graduate Level Education
* Project scheduling methodology
* Primavera (P6) and Microsoft Project
* Requires excellent two-way communication skills and attention to detail
* Responsiveness, proven team working capability, reliability, and the self-drive to proactively address and resolve issues.
* Ability to successfully engage with internal project and senior management, other contributing schedule actors, and external customers and subcontractors (in support of other interface lead personnel), as needed to ensure best project outcomes.
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.