Sitec are currently recruiting for Cavendish Nuclear and are seeking a Senior Planning Engineer to be based in their offices in Newbury Berkshire on a contract basis for an estimated 12 months.
Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, and is the UK's leading nuclear services company.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000, Cavendish are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally.
Cavendish people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost and deliver across all aspects of the nuclear energy life-cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation.
Cavendish Nuclear put people first. A role with Cavendish is hugely rewarding and exciting; one that stretches and challenges individuals to be the best they can be. When joining Cavendish, you know that's exactly what you'll get.
When you join Cavendish Nuclear, you will have opportunities to work on projects that will have an impact on the future.
The role of the Senior Planning Engineer:
Reporting to the head of Planning the main purpose of the Senior Planning Engineers role will be.
To support Senior Project Managers and Projects Managers in the delivery of their projects by;
Providing a high level Planning service for the preparation of project plans, producing baseline scheduled tasks, resource profiles and financial models.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Planning Engineer:
- Prepare robust tender and contract programmes using the designated planning tools.
- Fully resource programmes, produce resource histograms, resource level programmes, understand and communicate the effect on programme schedules to project team.
- Include appropriate financial data in the programme to produce a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team.
- Display and analyse the project Critical Path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action.
- Produce/maintain project baselines and execute the change control process as appropriate.
- Correctly record project progress in the programme (ensuring the planning software correctly calculates the data), reschedule programme to take effect of the progress data and communicate the results (schedule, resource and financial) to the project team and advise of any appropriate corrective action.
- Produce project reports/data directly from the planning software arranging the data to align with the company accounting software.
- Understand and report on project using Earned Value Analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team.
- Produce programmes that satisfy contractual requirements incl. NEC3.
- All programmes and documentation to be produced to company practices and procedures.
- Manage a portfolio of project programmes and supporting Planning Engineers/Junior Planning Engineers including supervision and checking of work to ensure that all work complies with company standards and procedures.
- Act as mentor to Junior Planning members to assist in their personal development.
Education and Experience:
- HNC or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- 5 -7 years planning experience in a project based engineering environment using Primavera P6 planning software.
- Project planning and change management for small/medium/Large sized EPC projects.
- Worked with Project Managers to deliver successfully packages of work on major multi-disciplined projects.
- Supervised junior members of planning staff.
- Worked in a tender planning environment for EPC projects.
Candidates will be required to hold UK security clearance to SC level prior to appointment.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.