Sitec are currently recruiting for a prestigious Engineering company who specialise in the Naval/Marine Engineering and Support Industry and are seeking several Senior/Principal Nuclear Safety Engineers to be based on Devonport Royal Dockyard Plymouth on a contract basis for an estimated 6 months initially.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme, including Astute and Dreadnought class.
Senior Safety Engineer, Nuclear Infrastructure -Your role in Babcock
You will be responsible for providing Babcock's operations with specialist knowledge and support relating to nuclear and radiological safety, including radiological protection and human factors, and to ensure Babcock's ongoing compliance with regulations. We are looking for individuals to support both new-build infrastructure as well as projects relating to the development of existing dockyard and naval base assets.
Duties of the Safety Engineer could include:
- Provide nuclear and radiological knowledge and support to the business.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and the terms of the site licence.
- Deliver nuclear safety cases and licencing plans
- Develop and implement nuclear safety processes and standards
- Provide technical advice on nuclear safety assessment processes and policy
Skills and qualifications required of the Safety Engineer:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer or able to attain chartership status
- Nuclear safety policy and methodology
- Safety case development leadership
- Nuclear facility licensing and authorisation
- Experienced in leading, motivating and supporting design teams.
Candidates must hold or be eligible to obtain UK security clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.