Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Network and Firewall Specialist for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Overall Job Purpose
* To support and maintain the clients Firewall and Network Systems.
* Identify and resolve network problems following agreed procedures.
Summary of Key Accountabilities
* Ensure network services are maintained and up to date.
* Resolve any loss of service due to hardware or software issues.
* Escalate significant issues to Technical Service Manager/Line Manager.
Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Deliver Technical Excellence
* Ensure provision of email services that meet agreed Operational Level Agreements and Service Level Agreements.
* Monitor the basic functionality of the external email/webmail and firewalls.
* Assist with the task of ensuring all network equipment is fit for purpose and running the latest stable firmware.
* Undertake firewall configuration and email release.
* Use network management tools to investigate, diagnose and resolve network problems within service level agreement tolerances.
* Ensure network services are maintained and up to date through routine configuration/installation of hardware and software.
* Maintain technical skills to support latest network hardware/software.
Inspire and Develop People
* Develop the right culture, and encourage continuous improvement.
* Support other members of the Companies Community in delivering for the client.
Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management.
Desirable Qualifications and/or Professional Memberships
* JUNIPER Certification extremely advantageous.
* ONC/HNC in an IS/IT related subject, or relevant equivalent experience.
* Primary support of Network routers and WAN Technologies.
* Good networking knowledge.
* Good communicator (Written and oral) with sound facilitation skills that can be related to colleagues of all levels including contractors.
* Ability to operate under pressure and influence decisions.
* Ability to learn new technologies and adapt to working with varying network equipment.
* Technical investigation and problem solving skills.
* Extensive knowledge of how to configure multi-vendor Firewall solutions.
* Knowledge of webmail and external email configuration and controls.
* Experience of implementing network security (dot1x, port security and network access controls).
* Experience of working in a challenging and secure environment.
* Knowledge of encrypted WAN links.
* Significant experience of implementing, configuring and troubleshooting JUNIPER equipment, VLAN's, trunk and access ports and port sharing /port channels/aggregated Ethernet links.
* Significant experience of working with various network monitoring tools, Netsight, Spectrum, Solarwinds would be advantageous.
* Significant experience of working with and implementing Data Centre Network designs and working within virtualised environments.
* Willing and able to obtain and maintain the security clearance required for the role.
* Willingness to work flexibly, and to occasionally work evenings and weekends where exceptional circumstances require it.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.