Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Handling Design Engineer for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is a short term contract and is paying competitively up to £60.00 on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared to top secret level prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals cannot be considered for this position.
Overall Job Purpose
Provide designs for the Facility Design Authority (FDA) such that utilities, infrastructure, engineering processes, equipment and facilities are compliant with legislation, standards and requirements associated with engineering design throughout the facility lifecycle
Summary of Key Accountabilities
* Maintain & promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security & quality and be a great team player.
* Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant legislative documentation / standards associated with design engineering
* Application of knowledge to confirm designs are prepared which comply with relevant legislation, standards and requirements.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
* Ensure compliance with Company Assurance Environment, Safety, Health and Quality (ESH&Q) and statutory requirements
* Maintaining own competence to ensure industry best practice is applied.
* Ensure the design intent is maintained throughout the lifecycle.
* Ensure application of standards is proportionate and that engineering best practice is adopted.
* Elevate areas of concern to the relevant Principal Engineer.
* Liaise with other discipline areas to ensure overall design intent is maintained.
* Review and check Design Engineers work.
* Monitor and assess competence of Design Engineers in relevant discipline area
* Responsible for undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by line and task management
* Provide Mechanical Handling subject matter advice to the Lead Technical Authority (Mechanical)
Competencies and Minimum Proficiency Levels
Title Minimum Proficiency Level
Intelligent Customer Extensive
Compliance inspection and analysis Extensive
Facility design Extensive
Legislation and Company Standards Working
UK Spec A; Knowledge and Understanding -
Incorporated Engineer Extensive
UK Spec B: - Processes, Systems, Service and
Products - Incorporated Engineer Extensive
* ONC/OND or equivalent in relevant engineering discipline - Essential
* Accredited Honours degree from a recognised university - Desirable
* Professional membership of an engineering institution at IEng level - Desirable
* Extensive knowledge of legislation and standards applicable to engineering design - Essential
* Working within multi-discipline groups producing designs across the life of an asset - Essential
* Extensive knowledge of legislation and standards associated with nuclear and high hazard facilities - Desirable
* Experience of working in a highly regulated environment - Essential
* Extensive experience of working in a highly regulated environment (preferably nuclear and/or explosives)
* Able to work on a nuclear licensed site and explosives areas - Essential
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.