Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer to deliver impulsively loaded vessel designs for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading. The post is for an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and must hold a British Passport and UK residency for the past 10 years or more to qualify.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
* Accountable to the EPURE Scale 1 Vessel 'Lead Engineer Containment' to ensure that delivered designs and hardware are compliant with applicable requirements such as legislation, best practice, recognised public Standards, client Standards the clients Quality System and any applicable French nation and local standard or procedures.
* Accountable to the EPURE Scale 1 Vessel 'Lead Engineer Containment' for delivery of the key interface with CEA engineering team developing EPURE vessel handling equipment, the UK vessel loading equipment designs and the client scientific community to achieve the testing requirements.
* Static ASME 8 Calculations for Containment structure,
* Dynamic Analysis of Containment Structure
* Production of Design Method Statement,
* ASME 8 Div. 3 Analysis
* ASME Code Case 2564 Analysis
* Critical Crack Size calculations
* Probabilistic Analysis
* FEA Modelling
* Writing Specifications for FEA Modelling
* Verification of FEA Models
* Producing Analysing FEA models
* Vessel Trials
* Support Vessel Trials [Co-Ordinate Trials Activities]
* Analysis of Data from Trials
* Trials Reports,
* Containment Design History File
* Respond to Concessions and Production Permits during manufacture,
* Ensure Compliance with Engineering Schedule,
* Provide Designs for 'Containment structure' as directed by 'Lead Engineer Containment'
* Produce Design Substantiation Report
* Design Substantiation Report [Feed Safety Case]
* TAGSI 4 leg Safety Justification
* Preparation of design deliverables to reflect the design requirements whilst minimising clients commercial risks - to be passed to the Vessel manufacturing engineer.
* Identify all the deliverables needed
* Produce Identified deliverables and have them verified by the appropriate responsible role holders.
* Liaise with the technical and design authorities to ensure the correct level of support with design approval.
* Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance with the company's Environment, Health & Safety, Quality and Security requirements.
Knowledge & Experience
* Mechanical Engineering designs and material selection for high impact environment.
* FEA for structure under impulsive loads
* Pressure vessel design codes (PD5500/ASME).
* Understanding of explosives and blast.
* Seismic design
* Structural analysis
* Equipment selection and specification
* Nuclear and Conventional Safety
* Mechanical engineering systems.
* Hazardous Area Classification.
* Project Management for study/project scheduling of engineering activities, detailed planning and reporting own work in terms of progress and schedule
* Sound understanding of Engineering Principles.
* Appreciation of Systems Engineering.
* Knowledge and experience of working with MS office packages.
* Company Safety Management System.
* Company Quality Assurance Procedures.
* 5 years' experience in a mechanical / explosive design.
* 2 years' experience of design and testing of pressure systems.
* Experience of working in a highly regulated industry
* Significant experience of producing Engineering Solutions for safety and control of nuclear production plants including:
o Containment systems,
o Heat Transfer
o Pressure vessels
* Working experience of team work and planning/reporting of such within multi-discipline project teams, including project/scheduling interfaces
* Understanding of the client Company Quality system.
* Good level of understanding of Engineering Working Drawings
* Good interpersonal and communication skills to ensure effective communication to all levels to both internal and external personnel
* Ability to work in a multi-discipline team
* IT skills (Word Processing / Spreadsheet / Presentation / AutoCAD preferable)
* Ability to produce written reports and power point presentations
* Positive assurance drive and ambassador of Company values
* Demonstrates a good positive attitude
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering (covering FEA) or equivalent
* Relevant experience in a mechanical / explosive engineering
* Chartered Engineer and full membership of a professional body desirable
* Pressure vessel design experience (PD5500/ASME)
* Full UK driving license required.
* Willing to travel within UK and internationally
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.