Sitec a Belcan Company have an interesting requirement for a Senior Mechanical Engineer (Nuclear Process) for a role in Devonport Plymouth, Devon. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 12 months.
The purpose of the Senior Mechanical Engineer post is:
* To assist the Nuclear Process / Mechanical Engineering Lead in delivery of the Mechanical Engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
* Responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the nuclear process / mechanical engineering packages in line with the planned deliverables agreed by the Nuclear Process / Mechanical Engineering Lead.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer post operates as part of the Strategic Infrastructure Business Unit.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
Within SQEP profile, supervising, preparing and/or checking designs, analyses, reports, drawings, specifications and other documents in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear related plant, facility and equipment within the company's licensed, authorised and operational sites, or in support of external contracts.
Participate in the problem solving for development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.
Support the review and sentencing of new designs, methodology of construction and temporary works submitted to the Technical Authority.
To manage design work packages as Engineer, responsible as appointed by Manager. Supporting planning of activities, with respect to task durations, level of effort and estimated costs, through to provision of design deliverables with regular schedule reviews and progress reporting, utilising Earned Value Management methodologies, and construction support.
Supervise and provide on-the-job guidance to the junior staff.
Make effective use of Learn from Experience information to develop and disseminate theoretical knowledge in relation to practical engineering and to maintain a record of development to substantiate the skills achieved.
Support development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of all Facilities to ensure that they comply with the design intent and DNSP's for Nuclear related Works, together with all relevant Local and National Regulations and Legislation.
Support the on-site inspection of DRDL assets for their construction, maintenance and modification.
Maintain familiarity with DRDL procedures used within Facilities Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline.
Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council or working towards chartership.
Nuclear: Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge.
* Design of mechanical and nuclear process systems e.g. fresh water, demineralised water, radioactive effluent processing etc.;
* Design of industrial gas systems e.g. low and high pressure air, welding gases etc.;
* Design of mechanical building services;
* Knowledge of seismic analysis for mechanical process equipment;
* Experience of substantiation of process equipment for justification of Nuclear Safety Functions.
* Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to post and project requirements.
* Sound understanding of company and departmental procedures relating to Health and Safety, Design and quality
The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
* Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications (Word, Excel, OneNote, Inventor, Vault, Navisworks, MathCAD and Revit).
* Ability to deliver concept and optioneering studies including using 3D modelling to deliver concept designs.
* Fluent in writing design reports, holding design reviews and presenting to stakeholders.
* Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
* Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
* Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
* Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures
* Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
* Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
This vacancy is being advertised by Belcan