Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our client who is aa leading supplier to the nuclear industry. The position is based in Cumbria and is an estimated 6 month contract starting in June 2020 and paying competitively on an hourly basis.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment
Provide cost / timescale information and progress reporting.
Provide design solutions for the nuclear industry and coordinate the production of:
- Design Schemes
- Design Proposal Drawings
- Detail Drawings
- General Assemblies
- Functional Specifications/ Functional Requirements Documents
- Technical Reports and Studies
- Design Justification Reports
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Take responsibility for delivery of multi-discipline work package to programme, budget and required quality.
- Able to manage several teams of Designers and Engineers and undertake checking of Mechanical deliverables.
- Have working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by legislation (and applicable Directives).
- Has presented at Designers Risk Assessments / Design Reviews and ideally at HAZOP studies.
- Has working knowledge of AutoCAD and Inventor
- Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy,
- Ideally will have some 'hands on' experience.
- Good knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
- Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.