Sitec Recruitment are currently recruiting for a prestigious FSTE 100 company who specialise in the Naval / Marine, Engineering and Support Services industry and are seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be based in their offices In South Bristol on a contract basis for an estimated 6 Months initially.
The Senior Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the delivery of naval hydraulic/pneumatic design solutions, specifically within weapon launch systems for submarine application.
* Working within the WLS design team, led by the WLP & MC Design Manager creating system designs and component/supplier selections for WLS.
* Ensuring that designs are compliant to requirements including setting to work on submarines.
* Ensuring common design approach and maximum commonalities of systems/components within new product design.
* Checking and approving design documentation, drawings, calculations and supporting formal design reviews.
Required Experience /Qualification /Attributes:
* Advanced 3D CAD system user; NX4 or higher preferred.
* Ideally degree qualified (BEng or BSc) in Mechanical Engineering.
* Experience of hydraulic/pneumatic and Fluid power systems in a practical application would be beneficial.
* Holds Incorporated or Chartered Engineer Status.
* A defence or marine background would be desirable.
* Suitable for SC clearance or has held SC clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.