Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to support Front End Design for our client based in Bristol, although there will be some travel to other sites. The post is an estimated 7 month contract and is paying competitively on a Ltd basis from £437.50 to £481.25 per day for a 4 day week (37 hours).
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
Purpose of Role
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will provide more complex engineering solutions to higher profile projects, underpinned by a high level of technical knowledge and experience.
* Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
* Manage engineering support to the project.
* Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
* Support project optioneering process.
* Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
* Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
* Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
* Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
* Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
* Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
* Approve as built drawings.
* Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning
* Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
* Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
* Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
* Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
* The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Deputise for Section Head when required.
* The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties
Experience / Knowledge
* Significant experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical) on industrial plant
* Significant experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
* Detailed understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards
* Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
* Solid waste retrieval and processing experience
* NEC experience
* Detailed knowledge of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements.
* Detailed knowledge of CDM Designer role
* Contract Management
* Project delivery experience
Education / Qualifications / Training
* Appropriate HNC, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5; preferably degree level (NQF level 6) or working towards
* Membership of a relevant Engineering Institution
* Chartered Status
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.