Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Senior IT Analyst for our client Caterpillar, at their site in Desford, Leicestershire. This is a contract role, for an estimated 7 months initially.
As Senior Information Technology Analyst - Technical Infrastructure, you will provide IT Infrastructure technology leadership in the development of detailed system solutions for major business/infrastructure and/or development, integration and implementation projects.
The successful candidate will apply systems solutions to business/technical problems through customer interactions, and by providing assistance to less experienced analysts in the design, programming, debugging, testing, and integration/implementation of complex, medium to large-sized automated information technology systems or infrastructure component implementation projects.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development/deployment assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work;
* Acts as team leader for development and support groups; provides programming and Infrastructure technology leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members;
* Works directly on complex technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls;
* Works independently on complex infrastructure technology components that may be used by one or more applications or systems;
* Deploys or integrates infrastructure technology components based on requirements gathered from customers;
* Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results;
* Fully knowledgeable of the relevant programming languages, program design and specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems and cross platform infrastructure components; can provide training on these topics for others;
* Performs implementation and integration tasks for medium to large, complex in-house developed systems and/or purchased software solutions;
* Assists customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
* Integrates processes across functional organizations.
* Typically serves as a team member on one or more 6 Sigma projects.
* Relevant degree, technical certification, or equivalent experience
* Substantial job related experience to include data centre network administration with experience on Cisco hardware platforms
* Experience on Nexus platforms.
* Experience on ACI.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.