Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for our prestigious client. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a leading company within the aerospace industry.
This is a contract role for an estimated 6 months. The pay rate for this role is £450 per day LTD Company and is based in Newport.
Key Responsibilities of Senior Infrastructure Engineer:
As Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will need to leverage their practical knowledge to lead the design through to implementation of Microsoft, RHEL technologies and virtualisation techniques to build, integrate and deliver against system architecture. These tasks will be a project based work breakdown structure, for either individual standalone projects or elements within a bigger programme. The role is varied and demanding and will require the individual to be proactive in taking the lead for key areas.
You must be proactive, diligent with a strong technical ability, and you must have skills in both presentation and customer relations; both at a technical and non-technical level. The role includes primarily design effort with hands-on implementation tasks in support of the other network engineering staff.
The current projects will require an awareness of operating infrastructure services in a secured environment and an understanding of enabling security lockdown and controls to allow system accreditation.
As Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be directly responsible for:
* Leading Infrastructure and virtualisation design and implementation on projects
* Execution of Work packages for the project or programme
* Leading design and deployment of Microsoft//RHEL and Virtualisation Technologies
* Fault finding and problem solving
* Supporting other enabling technologies (e.g. System Centre, Exchange, SQL Srv)
* Delivering the appropriate level of documentation required for the project
* Exposure of working with a 24/7 high availability & highly secure systems; Skillful in identifying design risks. Proven experience of designing multi-vendor complex secure communications and information exchange network interfaces to government grade.
* Proven experience of development of prototype secure solution within a multi-disciplined team whilst providing operational (day-to-day) support.
* Proven experience of working with product vendors to optimize a solution from a technical axis.
* Working knowledge of JSP's , Cabinet Office Technical Design Documents, CESG GPG's, NATO STANAGs.
* Proven experience working within at least 1of the following customers environments UK MOD, NATO and Central Government.
* Application of security hardening/lockdown of systems.
* Experienced Red Hat Administrator.
* Knowledge of PKI and implementing certificate based network solutions.
* Completed a recognised Engineering Apprentice with HNC-D or Engineering Qualification to Degree level
* ITIL v3 Foundation
* Technical Certifications, Microsoft MCSE 2012
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.