Sitec currently have an opportunity for a Senior Hardware Engineer to join our client based in Newport, Gwent, this is a contract for an initial 6 months. The pay rate for this role is £400 p/day Ltd.
Description of the job.
A vacancy for a Senior Hardware Engineer - Digital Electronics has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Newport. The successful applicant will join the Cyber Security Hardware Engineering department.
You will be responsible to the Head of Hardware Engineering for executing allocated electronics hardware design work packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
You will be responsible for specifying, performing and documenting electronics hardware design for allocated elements of the product design architecture, by:
- Specifying hardware architectures and solutions to problem statements.
- Performing in-house electronics design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Adequately documenting the design for allocated area of responsibility.
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
You will resolve clearly defined problem statements into design solutions typically up to 6 months in duration.
The successful candidate will be subject to security clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering.
- Must have an extensive experience of digital design and implementation for data/voice communications equipment or equivalent using high speed microprocessor, memory, FPGA and CPLD components.
- Must have proven capability to design high-speed electronic equipment that is CE compliant with EMC, Safety and RoHS criteria.
- Must have excellent electronics hardware development knowledge.
- Able to carry-out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision.
- Must be familiar with high speed digital design standards and techniques.
- Experience of electronics hardware development to meet UK approved TEMPEST design criteria.
- Experience of schematic capture.
- Experience of PCB layout.
- Experience of thermal analysis for electronic circuits.
- Recent experience of using one or more of the following tools:
- OrCAD Capture
- OrCAD PCB Designer
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.