Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Engineer - Functional Safety for our client Pyroban. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months, and will be based in Shoreham-on-sea, West Sussex.
Pyroban provides explosion protection solutions for materials handling equipment and diesel engines. For over 40 years we have been at the forefront of the industry developing solutions to protect your people, your site and equipment when operating in hazardous areas.
Pyroban products and services combine innovative design, state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge manufacturing to bring you the leading and most cost-effective safety technologies in the market.
They believe that safety should not be a compromise on quality, and they look to ensure that every piece of equipment they convert retains all of its original specification and ergonomics - allowing you to buy the brands you want and the products which fit your needs.
*Having previously recruited for this role, our client feel that candidates must have a detailed / design background, ideally having experience working within a manufacturing environment*.
Structure of the team:
There is currently a team of 20+ engineers of various disciplines (mechanical, electrical, electronics) engaged in various design activities around mechanical and electrical systems to be fitted mainly on diesel engines and machinery that operate in hazardous area environment
Technical Skills required:
* Functional safety specialist
* Knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements in the field
* Expert in one or more of these standards ISO 13849, IEC 61508, IEC 61511
* Expert in conducting FMEAs (and other analysis techniques) and completion of Safety Manuals
* Background in electronics hardware development and/or embedded software development
* Knowledge of V model for software development would be an advantage
* Knowledge of Hazardous areas requirements and how they interact with functional safety requirements would be a major advantage
* Able to work effectively with other engineers in a fast pace environment
* Able to work closely with the development teams and regulatory and certification bodies
* Understand the rationale behind safety standards and able to achieve pragmatic and compliant solutions within a limited timeline
* Understand that functional safety is not a "box ticking exercise" nor it is an academic exercise but that compliance can be achieved in different ways
* Confident in decisions makings and able to steer design processes
* Able to own projects and timelines and deliver within budget
* Proactive in how to tackle issues and seeker of innovative solutions
* Experience in hazardous area equipment and coding
* Experience in regression testing
* Experience in configuration management and set up of software and firmware control processes
Rate : Up to £45.00 p/hr LTD Company
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.