Sitec have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engine Systems Engineer_Certification. For our client Perkins Engines in Peterborough. This is a contract role based in Peterborough with an estimated duration of 12 months.
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Engine systems / certification
Salary: £32 - £40/h (Depending on Experience)
Hours: Full Time: 40.00 hours
** Flexible Working will be considered **
Perkins Engines is a subsidiary of Caterpillar, a major manufacturer of heavy duty off-highway diesel engines for the construction, industrial and power generation sectors.
Development of world class engine systems is our passion. Increasing expectations of engine performance, new opportunities to integrate engine-machine power systems, the increasing global focus on emissions, and need for continuous improvement to retain our leading position, are all driving growth opportunities for experienced and aspiring engineers to join our team.
In this latest new role, we are looking for a Senior Engineer to support the continuous evaluation of our future engine platforms emissions conformance, documentation and issue resolution.
This includes: emissions compliance validation planning, generation and maintenance of certification documentation, provide support to issue resolution ensuring the emissions compliance is maintained, providing support to our Emissions Regulations and Conformance team with agency discussions
The role will be based within the Performance Systems Integration team, focusing on certification and on-going compliance all of our engine platforms.
If you enjoy working on a range of products throughout various stages of the product life cycle and supporting the resolution of complex engineering problems with limited information and you have are driven to win the right way, this job will be perfect for you.
Due to breadth of the role you will require experience in at least one of the following areas with a desire to learn and develop experience across the other areas of focus:
* Engine or vehicle homologation, certification and compliance
* Engine core performance and emissions
* Engine aftertreatment performance and aging effects
* Understanding of engine and aftertreatment controls or other complex control systems
* Product validation planning
* Product technical issue root cause and resolution, including 6Sigma
* Off Highway legislation
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Certification requirements planning
* Certification documentation, generation and maintenance
* Provide engineering technical support to our Emissions Regulations and Conformance team
* Engine / Powertrain emissions validation in real world customer applications
* Detailed data analysis / review of engine and aftertreatment performance
* Communication with engineering and product groups across the business
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Sciences
* Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal instruction and provide technical support to others
* An individual with a high level of integrity, to ensure that they continue to win the right way even in challenging circumstances
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business.
* Understanding of off-highway regulations
* Ability to understand electronics and control system
* Knowledge of internal combustion engines
* Knowledge of heavy duty machine applications
* 6 sigma experience
* Product sign-off and report documentation
* Extensive knowledge mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
* Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
* Experience of Data Analytic tools (examples may include; NI DIAdem, Tableau, Vector CANape, MiniTab, Stat Ease DX9)
* Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.