Senior Engineer - Embedded Software -- 6741656 -- 6 months -- Pay rate £38.00 to £42.00 p/hr (LTD Company (dependent on exp.)
Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer - Embedded Software for our client Perkins Engines, at their facility in Peterborough. This is a contract role, for an estimated 6 months initially.
* Work with process partner teams (primarily IPSD L4 Performance) to gather and develop requirements for engine controls and software for the IPSD small and medium diesel engines (C1.7 to C7.1)
* Create sub-system software models using Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow to meet engine control requirements.
* Troubleshoot and resolve electronics / control system issues encountered during engine running on testbeds and in machine.
* Conduct control system tuning / calibration activities on test bench and / or on engine / machine to achieve desired system performance.
* Conduct sub-system FMEAs, documenting potential failure modes, identifying and completing design and validation actions and managing subsequent updates.
* Plan and execute verification and validation testing for electronics / control system software in SiL, HiLor on engine or development machines.
'Must Have' key skills and competencies for this role
* Strong technical background (good technical degree preferred in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering) though other qualifications / experience will be considered.
* Tool Chain experience - Experience of using Mathworks tools (Matlab, Simulink and Stateflow) for model-based software design and development to create embedded software.
* Ability to translate and develop customer requirements and objectives into production-ready software models.
* Ability to robustly tune closed loop controllers to meet stability and response objectives.
* Knowledge of software FMEA and validation plan creation.
* Excellent communications skills
* Strong customer focus
Desirable' key skills and competencies for this role:
* Good understanding of at least some of the technologies used to meet power and emissions requirements in off-highway diesel engines and the techniques used to control them (emissions and combustion, governing, fuel system, air system, aftertreatmentthermal management and SCR technologies).
* Experience of Caterpillar control software processes and tools.
* Experience of dSPACE HiLtest equipment and the ability to programme automated tests.
* Knowledge of software version control systems, ideally GiTor Clearcase.
* Knowledge of / prior experience of developing software to meet functional safety requirements.
Background of the Senior Engineer - Embedded Software: Ideally diesel engine or off-highway machine control system development (or comparable experience with automotive, marine or military vehicle control systems)
Rates:- Pay rate up to £42.00 p/hr LTD Company
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.