Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Engineer - Design for our client Perkins Engines. These are contract roles for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough.
To direct and participate in the concept and design of complex engineering product or process projects for release to production in a manner to ensure products provide superior performance, durability, quality and serviceability.
The Senior Engineer - Design will hold a key role within the L5 Mechanical Systems team, having responsibility to lead engine installation design with associated machine architecture changes, in support of Perkins' business acquisition with strategic OEMs.
Working in a multi-discipline team and supporting the Customer Machine Engineering team programme manager, the successful applicant will combine diesel engine and aftertreatment knowledge with their understanding of off-highway machines, their power trains and systems to initiate and develop optimal engine machine installation concepts & designs.
* Lead and create engine-in-machine packaging feasibility studies, exploring integration ideas and summarising alternative concepts.
* Implementing selected concept(s) through design, in accordance with prevailing design guides and standards evolving from prototype design to production level as development progresses.
* Present & discuss technical proposals both internally and with OEM customers, informally and in structured design reviews
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Profiling new engine options
* Minimise option proliferation and optimise for modularity & compatibility
* Prepare material for analysis and transfer to OEM customers.
* Managing positive BOM for machine builds
* Close liaison with internal and OEM Project teams
* Champion customer engagement and support
* Evaluate and promote new products and processes
* Contribute in component, sub-system and system FMEAs
* Delivering to committed deadlines
* Engine architects
* Customer engineers
* Platform designers
* Component SMEs
* Global design team
* Structural Simulation Team
* Technical understanding of off-highway machines & their power trains
* CREO / Pro-E strength
* Professional communication of technical information with team, customers and suppliers.
* Engineering hand calculations & an understanding of analysis led design
* Requires a bachelor's or master degree in an accredited Engineering subject or significant engineering experience.
* Incumbents must have industrial experience in design of vehicle/machine systems or diesel engine integration. Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills with the ability to lead by influence.
* Must have ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other business units, customers, and suppliers.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.