Sitec has an exciting oppportunity for a Senior Engine Systems Engineer for our Client Perkins Engines in Peterborough. This is a permanent role.
OVERVIEW OF JOB CONDITIONS:
Job Title: Senior/ Engine Systems Engineer
Salary: £37,000 - £50,000 (Depending on Experience)
Hours: Full Time: 37.00 hours
Relocation/ Sponsorship: Not available with this role
Benefits: 10- 12% Annual bonus (Depending on Experience)
25 Days Annual Leave
Contributory Pension Scheme (Company matching up to 10%).
Company Share Purchase Scheme (Company Contribution 50%).
Child Care Vouchers
** Flexible Working will be considered **
Perkins Engines a subsidiary of Caterpillar is a major manufacturer of heavy duty off-highway diesel engines for the construction, industrial and power generation sectors. We have a number of exciting opportunities relating to the development of new market leading engine technology. Engine emissions regulation, continually increasing expectations for engine performance, opportunities to integrate engine and machine systems all drive the need for continuous development of innovative new technologies.
Sitec are looking for Senior Engine Systems Engineers aspiring to directly influence these future technologies have the opportunity to play a key role within a world class engineering organisation as well as develop individual engineering competency.
Perkins have some exciting new roles within the Performance Systems team which is a growing team with an exciting opportunity to develop the next generation of our world class engines for a wide variety of machine applications. This is a dynamic exciting team which develops all aspects of real world engine performance from conceptual design to troubleshooting production issues.
If you enjoy solving complex engineering problems with limited information, with a drive to create new methods and processes to mould the next generation of power train performance, this job will be perfect for you.
The Senior Engine Systems Engineer will have some level of experience in one of the five following areas and be willing to learn and develop across our other areas of focus:
1. Diesel engine core performance and emissions
2. Diesel engine aftertreatment specification and performance
3. Product validation planning and execution
4. Product controls software development
5. Product technical issue root cause and resolution, including 6Sigma
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Working with a technical project lead for one of our new engine development programs within the team, to complete actions for Design Reviews and Technology Readiness Level reviews, to ultimately deliver an off-highway diesel engine performance that exceeds customer expectations
* Data analysis and engine performance predictions and problem solving
* Deep communication with engineering and product groups across the business
* Engine simulation and performance modelling, including mathematical modelling of complicated physical problems
* Bachelors or Master's degree in Engineering
* Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal instruction and provide technical support to others
* Knowledge of internal combustion engines
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively at all levels of the business
* Experience of Matlab and Simulink
* Experience of complex Electronics and Controls system concept generation including drafting block diagram controls for simulation assessment
* Extensive understanding of control algorithms and logic
* Experience of modelling complex systems, and the use of simulation tools to make confident predictions
* Knowledge of heavy duty machine applications
* 6 sigma experience (Black belt preferable, Green Belt minimum)
* Product validation (FMEA, DVP&R, Data analysis)
* Product sign-off and report documentation
* Extensive knowledge mathematics, data analysis, numerical modelling and statistics
* Experience of design of experiments, optimisation techniques and Robust engineering methods
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.