Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior EC&I Design Engineer for a Nuclear site in Cheshire. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £38.00 per hour on an Umbrella or PAYE basis only for a 37 hour week. Immediate start sought.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment
Our client is undertaking a number of significant design / build projects within their Central Laboratory facility in Cumbria. In particular, the Phase 3 plant area is a HA R&D facility, consisting of 5 individual modular / interchangeable HA cells, capable of handle HA materials for analytical or experimental work.
The Phase 3 plant area was placed into care and maintenance during inactive commissioning in the '00s. Our client is in the process of bringing this plant area online, in some cases this will be as per the original design intent, whilst some areas will require design modifications due to obsolescence, fault observations, or re-purposing.
The growing engineering design team, based predominantly in Warrington with a satellite team based at Central Lab, Cumbria, requires additional resource to support these project requirements.
We presently have requirements for a Senior Process Design Engineer to support significant work packages.
Candidates must be prepared to travel to Cumbria if based in Warrington to meet the requirements of the project.
* Degree qualified Electrical / C&I engineer with 4 years hands-on design experience on design / build projects.
* Capable of developing engineered solutions from a design brief and/or plant survey (including liaising with the customer / maintenance / ops to understand their requirements) either by self or through the use of supporting engineers and designers.
* Capable of designing safety related systems to BS EN 61508 and Standard ES_1_2190-1, 2 & 3.
* Undertaking calculations to support / underpin the design and authoring technical reports and design memos.
* Undertake the checking of engineering work performed by others.
* Highly self-motivated, demonstrable drive and energy and a willingness to deliver value and quality for the customer.
* Demonstrable experience in dealing with supply chain, from scoping requirements and authoring procurement specification through to overseeing contract delivery as necessary.
* Competent in electrical building services, up to date with relevant legislation and standards.
* Competency in AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT desired with the ability and flexibility to undertake own CAD work if necessary.
* Report writing skills and effective communication skills are essential, IT proficiency expected in Microsoft Office products.
* The Warrington role will require regular travel to Cumbria site as necessary to undertake site walkdowns / surveys, liaise with technical team, operators and plant commissioning personnel.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec, part of the Sitec Group. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.