Sitec has an exciting opportunity for a Supplier Development Engineer for our client Perkins Engines in Shrewsbury. This is a permanent role.
OVERVIEW OF SALARY/ PACKAGE:
Salary Range: £43,000 to £53,000 depending on depth of experience)
Travel: Up to 15%
Relocation: Not supported with this role
Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Benefits: 12% Bonus
26 Days Annual Leave
Child Care Vouchers
Our client - Perkins Engines (part of the Caterpillar group) - currently has an exciting opportunity to join the Caterpillar Defence Products Engineering Programme team responsible for supporting projects in the military sector.
They need to recruit a Senior Development Engineer specialised in Core Engine Mechanics to be part of an enthusiastic multi-functional team working at the fore front of Engine, transmission and Power Pack Solutions for multiple Ministry of Defence programmes throughout Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
The role of a Senior Development Engineer is that of an individual contributor. This position will be accountable for contributing to the identification, analysis and resolution of engineering problems in a discipline for which the incumbent is beginning to build a reputation as an expert. You will perform complex analysis work, demonstrate technical expertise and may be requested to lead on occasion.
The major focus of the job is to deliver 'technical excellence on time' by communicating technical information & solutions in a concise and accurate manner and accepts that decisions taken may impact project deliverables/product reputation.
The applicant would be responsible for:
* Creating and executing test evaluation programmes, and producing detailed reports, including all relevant calculations and analysis and/or presentations as required.
* Providing guidance and direction on the project/product to less experienced engineers
* Identifying critical characteristics, conducting system FMEA's, attending design reviews and project reviews as required.
* Liaising closely with suppliers and customers to achieve high quality, cost effective product.
* Communicating technical information to customers, team members, suppliers and other business units.
* Assisting in Planning, resource profiling and costing verification and validation elements of Engineering Programmes.
The ideal applicant must possess the following skills:
* Sound knowledge of diesel Engine, Transmission & Power Pack operation.
* Experience of Military Vehicle applications.
* Engineering degree OR HND with experience and excellent analytical skills.
* Good team working skills with leadership potential.
* Self-motivated and energetic with good communication skills and to be prepared to present to and have discussions with customers and suppliers.
* Ability to deliver work to clearly defined plans within tight timescales.
* Be prepared for travel Globally (approx. 15%) working on military projects.
* Flexibility to handle multiple priorities and prepared to accept responsibility for area of experience and expertise.
This role will close at COB on Friday 15/09/2017
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.