Senior Design Enineers (all disciplines) required by our nuclear MoD client in Berkshire.
These are long term contract postions with very competititve rates of pay. (Working 80 hours over a nine day day fortnight)
To conduct engineering assessments of existing nuclear high hazard facilities as part of an Integrated Project Team
Undertake a Periodic Review of Safety (PRS) in support of our clients site lieicnce conditions
Conduct of engineering assessment and optioneering activities in accordance with our clients EDS (Engineering Design Substantiation) processes and procedures
Interpretation of the SSFR's (Specific Safety Functional Requirements) against the relevant Structures, Systems and
Assessment of SSC's against the SSFRs
Presentation of the results of the EDS assessments
Review of DAR's produced by 3rd parties (Design Assessment Report)
Liaison with Facility Engineering and Facility Safety Case Teams
Liaison with the appropriate Design and Technical Authorities, to address issues arising from the formal review of
Producing engineering reports as directed by the EM
Demonstrable evidence of completing engineering design assessments within the UK nuclear industry.
Demonstrable knowledge of Engineering Schedules with specific reference to Systems Structures and Components
(SSC's) and Safety Functional Requirements (SFR's).
Demonstrable knowledge of the modern standard expectation of robust engineered systems to meet the requirements
of an Engineering Schedule
Good understanding of the engineering principles, methods and information applicable to the individual specialisation.
- Regulations, Codes of Practice, British and European Standards
- Corporate Standards/Design Guides/Design Safety Principles
- Application and interpretation of current analysis techniques
- Identification and interpretation of design, operating and maintenance data
- Engineering or Science degree or equivalent experience
- Chartered and membership of relevant institution (or working towards)
- Willing and able to obtain the Security Clearance for the role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.