Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Design Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role initially for 6 months and the rate of pay will be between £30-35 p/hr LTD Company (DOE).
There is an opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer position within the engineering team of Caterpillar Shrewsbury Limited (CSL).
Caterpillar Defence Products is based at Shrewsbury and is responsible for the marketing, sales, project management and logistic support of Caterpillar and diesel engines and transmissions to military and naval customers outside of North America. The company offers power solutions to the manufacturers and operators of combat and logistic vehicles, naval propulsion systems along with land- and ship-based electrical power generation systems.
Shrewsbury is currently undertaking a major upgrade of its existing V12 engine and has a requirement for a Senior Design Engineer to develop concept designs through to a production intent standard. Initially, this will be a 6 month contract, with the individual reporting to the Engineering Manager for design, but will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering project team.
The incumbent will play an integral role within V12 engineering team, taking responsibility for developing concepts of the integration of a new fuel system through to a production intent standard.
The incumbent would be responsible for:
* Developing design concepts to a production intent standard.
* Working with technical project engineer to ensure design release timing adherence.
* Arranging and presenting technical solutions at cross functional design reviews.
* Creating and releasing drawings of complex components.
Required Skills and Experience
* Engine design experience at both a component and sub-system level. It would be advantageous to have experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Fuel system integration
- Valve mechanism design
- In cylinder component design (piston & conrod)
- Design of castings
* Demonstrable knowledge of PTC Creo 4.
* Demonstrable detail drawing knowledge including use of GD&T on a wide range of components.
* Working knowledge of Caterpillar systems and processes would be an advantage although training will be provided as appropriate.
* Ability to liaise with other functions within CSL facility - Purchase, inspection, operations.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.