Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Design Engineer for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and the role will be based at their site in Peterborough.
For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2015 sales and revenues of $47 billion, Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Resource Industries, Construction Industries and Power Systems - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Caterpillar has over 1,000 qualified engineers in the UK engaged in product research and development, and application engineering related activities. Our operations in Peterborough, Leicester, Peterlee and Larne (Northern Ireland) are key product design centres.
The Senior Design Engineer will work within the European Division of the Energy and Transportation Technologies Research Group based at our Peterborough Facility. This team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as with our US based sister team. The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery for Caterpillar within Europe.
The successful candidate will serve as an experienced, individual contributor for European Engine Research projects. Specific assignments are complex in nature and depending on experience the individual may have the opportunity to lead entire projects or significant work packages.
NOTE - This role is for a Senior Design Engineer but whilst our client would find experience with engines design useful, would also consider candidates who can help with some of the machine integration work.
* Implementing design and integration ideas, machine configuration and design in accordance with applicable design guides and standards
* Managing positive BOM for multiple engine and/or machine builds
* Managing build and mechanical durability issues
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams
* Process improvements and new process development in response to current and future customer needs
* Support, advise and mentor less experienced engineers
* Evaluate and Promote new products and processes
* Requires a good accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent and excellent analytical skills. A higher level degree would be advantageous.
* Incumbents must have industrial experience in vehicle and/or machine design and configuration.
* Detailed diesel engines and/or powertrain knowledge would be advantageous.
* The Candidate must have strong technical skills and the ability to communicate technical information effectively.
Rates: £35-£40.00 p/hr LTD Company (dependent on experience)
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.