Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Design Engineer for our client Caterpillar. This is a contract role for an estimated 9 months, and will be based in Shrewsbury.
This is an opportunity for a senior contract design position within the Engineering team of Caterpillar Shrewsbury Ltd. based at Shrewsbury (UK). The engineering team has responsibility for supporting the facility's commercial and defence programs.
This role will report to the Design Team Leader and will be working on both new and existing military driveline programs.
The Senior Design Engineer will preferably have an understanding of transmission, engine design, driveline design or vehicle power unit installation.
The incumbent will play an integral role within engineering team taking the design of military powerpacks, engines and transmissions from concept through to prototype.
* Work with Shrewsbury's product engineers and customer engineering functions to understand application requirements.
* Use application requirements to develop preliminary layouts and concepts within Creo CAD modelling software.
* Develop initial concepts into detail designs.
* Be responsible for presenting designs both internally and externally.
* Creating engineering reports
* Work with the Engineering Supervisor (design) and Shrewsbury NPI project management team to develop powerpack cost and timing plans.
* Work with the Engineering Supervisor (design) and Shrewsbury NPI project managers to ensure designs and drawings are released to the engineering plan.
* Support the liaison with component and subsystem suppliers during powerpack development.
Required Skills and Experience
* A background in either engine, transmission, driveline design or vehicle power unit installation.
* Previous experience in a design engineer role, including preliminary or concept layouts.
* A demonstrable understanding of the interaction engine, transmission and relevant subsystems,
* Working knowledge of 3D CAD software, preferably PTC Creo
* Worked as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering teams and with customers.
* Good communication skills with the ability to build relationships.
Up to £40.30 p/hr LTD Company
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec. The services advertised by Sitec are those of an Employment Business.