Sitec has a requirement for a Senior Data Analyst for our client Perkins Engines. This is a contract role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough.
Caterpillar uses quantitative methods such as business simulations, data mining, modeling and advanced statistical techniques to solve problems.
The Senior Data Analyst contributes to this mission by acting as the technical lead of analytics project teams tasked with solving problems of low to medium complexity or business impact.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS
Volume: Participates on 4-6 projects per year
Financial impact: typically less than $2.0M
Scope: spans across 1-2 functional areas within BU
Geographic scope: Global impact
This role will focus predominantly on Quality, Reliability & Warranty predictive analytics, looking at how we can gain insights from a wide variety of data sources in order to make our forecasting and
processes more efficient. This could be in improving first time pass rates, reducing rework or
extrapolation to generate confidence in certain outcomes.
A familiarity with tools to manage large data sets both discrete and continuous would be beneficial, as would principles of data indexing and management.
The principal responsibility of Senior Data Analyst is to move from being an individual contributor on
analytic teams to acting as the technical lead on such teams. He or she will participate on crossfunctional project teams, provide overall guidance to the technical direction of the project, and mentor Junior Data Analysts on the technical approaches being used in order to solve a problem presented by a Caterpillar Business Unit or Service Organization, a Caterpillar Dealer, or a Caterpillar Customer.
The Senior Data Analyst will:
* Demonstrate a breadth of knowledge in the application statistical methods and/or digital methods to solve business problems. Ideally will have a strong background in mathematics and / or statistics.
* Coach and mentor other Information Analysts in the creation, validation, and application of statistical models, as well as in implementing digital solutions;
* Participate on 3-4 projects concurrently
* Demonstrate awareness of standard business processes and an ability to quickly understand Caterpillar Inc.; its products and services; its internal systems, processes, and procedures; and its relevant external influences (competitors, laws and regulations, market conditions, etc.
* Analytics insights often come from bringing data from different disciplines together, and the ability to understand the broader business context is key.
* Demonstrate strong initiative to research and apply new methods to exceed customer expectations.
* Have a strong focus on continual learning in Analytics as this is a rapidly developing field.
* Significant challenges of this position are working with people; enhancing the team's creativity; maintaining knowledge of approaches used in similar projects; and pushing the technical bounds of experimentation while meeting customer commitments. The Senior Data Analyst acts as overall technical lead for the team in establishing a sound analytic approach for solving the problem at hand.
* The incumbent will develop good networks within the technical global community to enable them to collaborate on technical solutions, obtain resources and cooperation needed, and remove roadblocks so that they can insure the success of their team.
The Senior Data Analyst reports to an Information and Warranty & Reliability Manager and bears
primary responsibility for solving the business problem presented through applied analytics.
The Senior Data Analyst demonstrates thorough statistical and/or digital technology knowledge and
the ability to solve low to medium complexity problems. He or she demonstrates very good communication skills, being able to explain conclusions to customers with limited knowledge and
experience with quantitative analytical methods. As the first Senior technical analytic position, they
are not expected to have previous experience leading teams, but they should exhibit strong
communications, a penchant for innovation, above average initiative, people development, and
* Typically requires a Bachelor's degree, preferably in statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar field with quantitative coursework, and 5-10 years of professional experience utilizing quantitative analysis is required,
* Must be comfortable working in MS Office, and industry standard statistics and data visualization packages.
* Experience with Tableau, Alteryx or other ETL & visualisation packages is beneficial.
* Ability to code, R or Python preferred.
* Must demonstrate strong leadership, initiative, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.