Sitec a Belcan Company have an exciting opportunity for a CS&A Senior Engineer to join the Civil, Structural and Architectural (CS&A) team at our client, the UK's leading supplier to the Nuclear industry and a growing global force. The breadth of our client's expertise means they are able to offer unrivalled experience and specialist knowledge across all aspects of the nuclear life cycle, from design and build, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning, waste management and remediation. The role will be primarily based out of Bristol but will also require visits to Devonport. This is a contract role with an estimated duration of 12 months.
The successful candidate will form a leading role within a dynamic design team undertaking traditional, bespoke and innovative designs of reinforced concrete, steel and masonry structures for nuclear decommissioning and nuclear new build projects, as well as support to operating nuclear sites. The projects are the design of structures associated with state-of-the-art mechanical handling equipment and their process and electrical systems, but can also involve stand-alone civil/structural tasks for a range of sectors, for example structural inspections and site surveys, and will be undertaken primarily for sites across UK with some projects based internationally.
You will design to various normal and extreme loading scenarios, including seismic design. You will provide technical leadership and expertise, and you will take on the role of Technical Lead on specific projects when required.
The client undertakes projects through the entire project lifecycle, so you may be involved in, or lead projects from initial scheme and concept design, to engineering and detailed design, overseeing construction, through to eventual decommissioning.
* Delivering Nuclear design work, inspections and construction site support on projects for a range of public and private sector clients within the UK and overseas. Work encompasses the full lifecycle of a project.
* Concept and Feasibility studies for multi discipline design projects.
* Analysis and Design using engineering software such as Tekla and Robot as well as producing hand calculations.
* Preparation of Calculations, CDM activities, Basis of Design, Material Specifications, Scopes of Work, Technical reports, Inter discipline design coordination and supervision.
* Liaise with Technicians in the preparation of Revit models.
* Working with integrated multi-disciplinary teams to deliver high profile projects.
* Degree Qualified (BEng or MEng), Civil / Structural Engineer
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer with membership of ICE or IStructE, or working toward full membership of ICE or IStructE.
* Significant experience in the design of structures in reinforced concrete and steelwork.
* Advantageous but not necessary to have previous experience within the nuclear industry and design for seismic loading.
* Awareness and experience of using the latest design codes and standards.
* Understanding of the relevant legal and regulatory standards.
* The role will be primarily based out of Bristol but will also require visits to Devonport
* Successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.