Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Contract Officer for a Waste Disposal Facility in Cumbria. The post is an estimated 12 month contract and is paying competitively up to £50.00 per hour on a Ltd basis.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo Disclosure Scotland and a Basic Check clearance prior to appointment.
The Waste Management Services (WMS) Commercial team requires a team leader and category lead for finalisation, mobilisations and ongoing management of Waste Management Service Framework Agreements.
This will involve developing, agreeing and then completing the documents, registers, and other contract and commercial management documents and duties to ensure our client delivers the services, manages new and residual risks, and realises opportunities and benefits for our client's suppliers and customers.
The appointed individual will be predominately dealing with Waste Treatment contracts which includes a strategic service. Other than running the 'day to day' services the individual will be heavily involved in developing the maturity of the frameworks, the possible introduction of a standardised service offering and to implement and support improvement projects.
The role would report into the Contract Manager, but must maintain a close working relationship with the technical and customer leads for the services; the Head of WMS Customer Team, the Head of WMS Direct Services and the Head of Waste Management Services.
* Generation of contract and commercial management deliverables, including some reporting against progress to the Contract Manager.
* Identification, analysis, and management of contract & commercial risks, issues, and assumptions.
* Lead on further competitions, co-ordination & assessment of tender documentation and producing recommendation for award, (framework terms are based on NEC3 term service contract).
* Lead on contract and commercial management of new service projects placed through the services framework during engagement.
* Coaching and mentoring individuals.
* Provide support and guidance to both internal parties and external customers and suppliers.
* Support service project transition and development of standardised service project documentation (e.g. service quotations, plans, risk registers).
* Establish supplier relationships, to build, strengthen & maintain new & existing relationships.
* Support the review of the C&CM Internal management systems to align with, and cope with, new service requirements for contract and commercial management and finance (relating to supplier payment certification and generation of customer invoices).
* Excellent organisational & time management skills and can work independently and able to prioritise workloads.
* Able to communicate effectively with employees and suppliers at all levels in order to provide an effective service. Strong written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills will be required.
* Experience of leading or clear involvement in complex business programmes.
* Able to establish and then strengthen strong professional relationships between employees and our supply chain in order to support and achieve strategic objectives.
* Mature and measured personal presence and belief to influence and work with personnel in a fast moving service delivery environment, with many competing priorities and strong personalities.
* Experience of public procurement regulations, or alternative structured procurement system, to support the further competition processes within the multi-supplier lots of the frameworks.
* Good IT proficiency, including use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Essential & Desirable Skills
* Degree (minimum 2:2) or equivalent in relevant discipline with relevant experience.
* Part professional qualifications in relevant field with relevant in contract management covering a range of services. MCIPS / RICS
* NEC3 term service contract.
* Complex service contract mobilisation & management
* Full UK driver's license
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.