Sitec are currently looking to recruit a Senior Configuration Specialist for a nuclear MoD establishment in Reading (private organisation). The post is an estimated 12 month contract and paying competitively on a Ltd, Umbrella or PAYE basis for a 40 hour week.
Successful applicants will be required to be Security Cleared prior to appointment and due to the nature of the projects with this client, Sitec can only accept applications from those resident in the UK for the last 10 years who hold a full British Passport. Unfortunately, dual nationals will not be considered for this role.
Based within the Configuration Management Team, our client is looking for someone to support the Configuration Management of complex assets within the project phase through to delivery into the operations.
Change management experience in a technical / engineering environment is highly desirable. Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse and manage data are key skills. The right individual will have the ability to liaise with people at all levels from across the business as stakeholder management is essential in this role.
The role will involve close liaison with several regulatory bodies and existing knowledge and understanding of working in a nuclear environment would be ideal, but is not mandatory. Understanding how to build an asset baseline and maintaining configuration control is desirable.
Knowledge and experience of analysing processes and actively developing them to improve their effectiveness, and a willingness to work with the user community to implement these processes is key. A variety of approaches are currently in use, and the aim is to standardise on one approach.
The Configuration Management team has a strong track record of development that benefits both the company and the individual, so if you enjoy a challenge and have the attitude and the aptitude to tackle this role, then please get in touch.
- Manage the asset change process and demonstrate adherence through status accounting.
- Stakeholder management - build and maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders and change managers.
- Work with the Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) teams to ensure alignment with regulations, both internal and external.
- Create, develop and implement processes and procedures to assure and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the project team.
- Be a key change and configuration champion.
- Ensure facility baselines are maintained under configuration control.
- Ensure baseline related documentation and information accurately reflects the status of the facilities.
Skills and Experience
- Experience and understanding of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of change management and the configuration of (for example) product, plans, specifications, plant and all related documentation.
- Experience of Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS)
- Asset / Product management knowledge and experience.
- Experience of working with a requirements management tool would be advantageous.
- An understanding and appreciation of Environment, Safety and Health requirements and regulations.
- Professional CM qualification e.g. CMII Basic, Certified or higher.
- Practical implementation of CM.
- Membership of a quality, engineering or asset management organisation.
- Engineering experience.
- Information management experience
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.